Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Newest Build

ken98k

Here's my latest sporter. Started on it in January or February, I just blued it today.

6.5X55 Sweede, A&B barrel, Boyds stock that I slimmed down a lot, ebony fore-end tip and grip cap, hard plastic butt plate, stripper clip hump removed, Wisner safety, added a 98 style gas deflector to the bolt sleeve, recontoured trigger guard, FN type extended floor plate release, d&t for 2 piece bases.

Still need to add the swivel studs.

I got it like this--

sweede96.jpg

As it looks now---

sweede2001.jpg

sweede2002.jpg

Did I mention "all matching"?

sweede2003.jpg

sweede2004.jpg

sweede2005.jpg

sweede2006.jpg

sweede2007.jpg

sweede2008.jpg

sweede2009.jpg

Looking good! You know I am going to comment on you posting pics in a hurry with cutting down the safety screw first again.

Don

I KNEW that was coming! LOL! :lol:

Very nice. The bolt shroud modification looks like it turned out good. What model stock is that? I like the looks of it.

The bolt shroud/sleeve was somewhat of a challenge but it's a one of a kind. I've seen them with the gas deflector or the wisner safety but never together.

The stock is a Boyds RIA Sportsman.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=117448

Very well done Kenny! Gotta love the Swedes.I've got 2 in synthetic stocks and 2 in battle dress.One is a Husqvarna 38,and they're still my favorite milsurps.Reckon I'm going to have to dress one up like yours.Good work buddy. Jerry

I added a Redfield wide view 4X scope with Weaver bases and Millett Angle Lock rings.

Shoots Federal 140 sp to 1" @ 100 yards. Would probably do better with a better marksman.

I noticed the primers had pushed out slightly so I re-checked the headspace when I got home and it checks out okay.

I'm not sure what's up with that.

sweede2011.jpg

sweede2010.jpg