Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Paris

FC

We're in Prague now. Close to, and through the Sudetenland was pretty with green grass, hills, and fields. Lots of deer blinds. The area of the city outside of downtown is a step above a slum. Downtown is pretty with old buildings and high-end stores. Crowds from all over the world. Systems and pick - pockets included free of charge.

I found an upscale, top-rated restaurant named Fields on Trip Advisor. We were waited on hand and foot, and had the fanciest meal we've ever eaten. I took a leap on what we ate, because we didn't know that we'll what it was. The portions are smaller in Europe, but we left full for $110, with the 10% tip. Small appetizer on a plate with driftwood and rocks (I'm not kidding!), Some other walnut, duck liver, and cheese thing, bread, steak for my wife, and tender rabbit for me, a glass of champagne each, one espresso, and two small rhubarb desserts. Also 3 nugat/chocolate balls added free. They let us in without a reservation. This would have been probably $175 at home. Can't afford this very often

Finally to the airport. Can you believe it wasn't dark at 0430? Show last night was kind of like a crazy Czech/Slavic version of Oktoberfest. It was different and fun. They may not have the best musical talent, but they made up for it with enthusiasm.

The guide yesterday said the Czechs didn't like communism, but if you wanted to move up the ladder in an important job you had to join. She said she was in England in college when the 68 revolt happened. The guy who led it had a lot of Soviet friends in high places, so they were shocked the Russians invaded.

I have two friends and one relative that were stationed in Germany during the Russian invasion into Czechoslovakia. Russia, East and West Germany and the US massed troops, armor and artillery at or near the Berlin Wall and near the East / West border. My friend near the wall told me it was very obvious the East Germans and Russians greatly out numbered US and West Germans. He told me at best they could only delay a Russian advance into West Berlin.

I was a teenager during the invasion but can still recall the pictures of Czechs celebrating in the streets before the Russians invaded.

I was in a class or two of war planning around 78.

NATO knew that it could not stop the Warsaw pact, the numbers were just not there.

So the Idea was to delay them as long as possible and, if it were not possible to reinforce, and it would not have been in my opinion, use tactical atomic weapons and HOPE that things don't get out of hand.

Civilization was very very lucky.

Which is why poking the Bear with a sharp stick over this business in the Ukraine is very very stupid. I sometimes think that people want to commit suicide.

If I remember it correctly. Atomic Annie, the nuclear warhead launched from conventional artillery was designed with a Russian invasion into Europe and North Korea in mind.

The Russians are throwing their weight around simply because of our pussy Commander in Chief. Obama in my mind never was forced to stand up to a bully when he grew up. He reminds me of the type of kid that opted to go hungry at lunchtime after a bigger kid took away his lunch money.

I agree with you. Russia, though still a threat, has a dying population, a somewhat hollow military, and not the best motivated troops. I have more regard for China's capabilities, but Putin is probably more dangerous.

Putin is giving tax credits to Russians who have more kids and the Russian armed forces are being upgraded.

If we have to fight Russia or China...I would rather fight China.

I have no love of ruskies but the NGO--- Soros and his boys started this when they tried to take Sevastopol.

Instead they kick started the Second Cold War.

karl.

Putin is giving tax credits to Russians who have more kids and the Russian armed forces are being upgraded.

If we have to fight Russia or China...I would rather fight China.

I have no love of ruskies but the NGO--- Soros and his boys started this when they tried to take Sevastopol.

Instead they kick started the Second Cold War.

karl.

I fear the Chinese hearing some real horror stories from Korean War Vets. The suicide attacks, bodies piling up and many were not even armed. With such a lack of regard for human life and the Chinese could easily spare millions. A former co-worker claimed the attacking Chinese were high on Opium.

I have no love for the chicoms either.

Thanks to Bill who gave them Hi tech and the greed of business who sold their souls for cheap labor China is on the rise,

The people of the 21 century will have to deal with that.