Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Church Shooting In Texas

karlunity

20 plus people reported kia.

Up date: The Cops got the maggot....thank you officers.
He was not from the area..no name or description yet.
Opinion: I suspect a church was picked as that was one place where the swine was sure to find a group of unarmed and defenseless people .. Again that last bit is opinion

karl

CNN reported he got a bad conduct discharge, not dishonorable so he was legally able to purchase a gun. Keep in mind that is CNN's version and we all know how accurate their reporting is. I also heard while channel hopping the good guy got in a truck and persued the maggot. Good guy could possibly be in trouble unless he gets a good lawyer and some how make it a self defense situation. IMHO he's a hero.

Texas cops saying good things about the hero. Hopefully some lib prosecutor won't try and nail him. I would have done the same thing if I saw somebody shooting up a church.

Arizona law as far as I know and what I learned in the CCW coarse. If not immediate self defense of self or family. A citizen can only shoot a bad guy in the act of arson of an occupied building or school. The law is unclear if school has to be occupied. There's another archaic law from Az territorial days giving some latitude to a seargent of arms at a political meeting. Az law does not permit shooting bad guy to protect property but it's perfectly legal to brandish firearm and threaten deadly force. As my junior college CCW instructor, a Police Capt and shooting instructor told us. If someone is stealing your tv you can't shoot but if he's trying to drop it on your head it's self defense. Somebody raised thei arm and said how would I prove he was trying the drop it on my head. Teacher replied, you know where the butcher knives are.

I hope no govt employee shows up at my door wanting my AR. It won't be pretty. I have a gut feeling AR's and other semi rifles might be classified as destructive devices creating a mountain of red tape to transfer one and excessive fees. $200 to transfer a machinegun may not seem like big bucks. In 1933 $200 put it out of reach for nearly everyone. Today if the libs have their way it could be 2,000 or more.