Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Richards Microfit

ken98k

I've been trying to call Richards for 2 days and keep getting a recording saying they're "busy, call back in the afternoon". I get the same recording in the afternoons.

I've never used them before, are they always that busy?

Kenny

I couldn't get hold of richards!!! called Boyd's. That's who I will use from now till they P' me off. Fast, courteous, Heck even honest, If ya ask em when and they say "a year" I say weelll what else ya got!! Obviously these kinds of places write their own ticket!!! MV

your right about a honest answer..been tring to get a .45acp enfield adapter from rhineland for 6 mo. keep getting the run around ..the say its been shipped ,, then tell me next week...weeks later they say any day now...only problem is they are the only place i can get one....and the rifle is all finished..so i"m stuck

Sonic: I am very sad to hear that abt rhineland!!! As very soon I will be wanting a 45 win. mag bbl for a mauser!!! Also Do not be surprised if I contact you abt some barrel work!!! MV

Finally got through this morning.

The guy I spoke with said about 9 weeks, sounds a little optimistic to me but I'll be happy if they can do it.

The last (custom) stock I ordered was from Boyd's and that took 8 months.

your right about a honest answer..been tring to get a .45acp enfield adapter from rhineland for 6 mo. keep getting the run around ..the say its been shipped ,, then tell me next week...weeks later they say any day now...only problem is they are the only place i can get one....and the rifle is all finished..so i"m stuck

hell, they had about a dozen for sale on ebay or gunbroker just last week. I never dealt with them but they always struck me as fly-by-night.

I have bought several stocks from Richard's. First off, calling is a nightmare most times as you will get the recording you mentioned. Also, the time frame has always been off by about three or four weeks in my experience. This is always on oddball stocks due to left hand configuration and non popular actions. Now, for the good points. I have always gotten what I asked for on my orders and the only time I ever had a complaint on one it was handled by the owner personally and within three days I had a more than satisfactory solution. This was on a Mosin left hand stock, and the inletting from the bottom and top sections did not line up quite right. The wood was grade A fancy and when I called them they offered to either replace the stock or refund 50% of the purchase price. I took the second option and worked through the alignment problem myself with the aid of some glass bedding. They still have my vote. swamp_thing

• 3 months later...

I finaly got the stock this afternoon. A bit longer than the 9 weeks they told me but I'm used to waiting for things to get get shipped up here.

I think I've got all the parts to start on this one when I get a chance.

Kenny