Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Bought Some New Tools For Smithing.

Vladymere

I bought these recently. I don't have them home yet. I will have to put them into storage for maybe as long as a year and a half until I get a shop built. I am planning to move first and then build a shop.

DSCN2658.jpg

This is a South Bend "heavy" 10 lathe with a 4 1/2 foot bed. It was made in late 43 or early 43. It was probably used as part of the war effort. It should give me about 30 to 33 inches between centers. It has a taper attachmenbt, full set of collets, 3 jaw and 4 jaw chucks, a varitey of live centers, quick change post and a whole bunch of other tooling.

DSCN2655.jpg

Don't know what year this mill was made. It also comes with a bunch of tooling, has one shot oiling, a dro, power feeds, set up to run on 110VAC as is the lathe.

Vlad

Holy Cow, Batman! You weren't kidding about getting some shop equipment, were you?

You know how I feel about South Bends, so all I can say is........."You did GOOD!"

Clemson

Give me the info I'll pick a couple up

-Don

Don,

John is the one that mentioned it to me. This is his web page with contact info:

http://www.wcengineering.com/contact.html

He got one himself. Tell him I sent you. Oh, and if you should happen to be heading from Chicago through Arkansas with a truck, BRING ME ONE TOO.

Don,

John is the one that mentioned it to me. This is his web page with contact info:

http://www.wcengineering.com/contact.html

He got one himself. Tell him I sent you. Oh, and if you should happen to be heading from Chicago through Arkansas with a truck, BRING ME ONE TOO.

If you can swing it, bring two and I'll meet you at the state line.

John had said that you needed something like a large flatbed truck and a forklift on each end. He said he moved one with a car hauler and it was very scarry and he wouldn't do it again. The center of gravity is very high.

Of course, don't pester John if you're not ready to grab an 18 wheeler and a fork lift and head out.