Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Bold Trigger

ahoyza

I would think it would fit, but you might call and ask before you order one. I've used several Bold triggers on projects, both for myself and for others and they all worked out well. My latest project I ordered a Timmney only because a friend of mine sent one back that be bought on a used rifle that was broken and they replaced it free of charge. That and their new triggers, at least for the 98's have a wider trigger shoe. Right now my most favorite, and most accurate rifle wears a bold trigger, and I'm NOT going to change it.

I'm a fan of Timney triggers, but I do have a bold on one of my 98's. It's not my most accurate, but it will hold just over 1/2". I have heard of people complaining about something to do with the housing of the bolds is not as strong as the timneys, and tend to loosen after time, and there are a few plastic parts in there if I recall.

I just built up a 1936 Mexican Mauser for my wife and put a bold on it. I have yet to stock it, but expect good things.