Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Bolt For A Ovedio

Brenden

Hey guyes, got a question. I have an Ovedio (SP?) barreled reciever and need a bolt. Unless my memory is lacking, there was two types of bolts for the Spanish guns, flat bottom and regular rounded. Do these actions take the flat or round? or am i completely off target as ususal? Thanks.

Brenden

Hey guyes, got a question. I have an Ovedio (SP?) barreled reciever and need a bolt. Unless my memory is lacking, there was two types of bolts for the Spanish guns, flat bottom and regular rounded. Do these actions take the flat or round? or am i completely off target as ususal? Thanks.

Brenden

Look inside of the receiver at the feed ramp. You,ll be able to tell which bolt was originally used in the action. It probably had a flat bolt.

Rojelio

Square bottom has two left side rails - I'll sell you this one if you have a need.

Thanks Bob. Mine is a flat bottom. PM sent. What models of spanish were round? From what i seem to understand the 1916 spanish was flat? I'm not keen on these spanish or mexicans, I'm not even sure what model mexican i have. What is the diffrence between a 1910 and a 1936? Both actions are in good shape with no pitting, but the bores are a bit dark. The mex is the worst, it needs cut and re-crowned, and the spanish is decient shape bore wise. Thanks guyes.

Brenden

1910 doesn't have the gas vent hole in the side of the receiver and the notch in the top of the bolt rim that the 1936 has. The 36 also has a springfield type cocking piece.

Don

Thanks Don. I am the proud owner of a 1910.

Brenden

Thanks Don. I am the proud owner of a 1910.

Brenden

Are we confusing Spanish 1916's with Mexican 1910's and 1936's ? My recollection is that Spanish 1916's are a mixed bag - possibly with and w/o vents. Unless I'm mistaken the bolt and receiver below are from a 1916.

post-3097-1232501388_thumb.jpg

post-3097-1232501406_thumb.jpg

post-3097-1232501500_thumb.jpg

post-3097-1232501527_thumb.jpg