Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Caliber Choices In A Yugo 24/47

rdfrench31

I have a question.

Why would you recommend a 6.5x57 over the standard 6.5x55? I have been looking at some 6.5's and thought I may have missed something.

I don't think I would excpet for the high CDI factor.

The brass is more expensive, the dies too. Otherwise, they are darn near ballistic twins. The primary reason I went with one is that I have a 98 I want to chamber and I don't want to inadvertently stick a high pressure 6.5x55 loading into one of my 96's. Nice to have readily identifiable brass.

Looks good z...this one will be a sporter as well. This is my first attempt at my own build, so I have a lot of questions. I just want a good solid performing deer caliber, but I can't live with substandard groups.

Pretty much any of the Xx57's, or 6.5x55 will easily deliver all the accuracy and energy needed to quickly and cleanly dispatch deer. Heck, the swedes kill more moose with the 6.5x55 than any other cartridge. last i heard, it accounts for about 50% of the moose harvested.

I don't think I would excpet for the high CDI factor.

The brass is more expensive, the dies too. Otherwise, they are darn near ballistic twins. The primary reason I went with one is that I have a 98 I want to chamber and I don't want to inadvertently stick a high pressure 6.5x55 loading into one of my 96's. Nice to have readily identifiable brass.

I was just looking at dies and brass for the 6.5s looks like the swede is considerable cheaper to load and shoot. Could one expect the 6.5x55 to feed correctly in a 24/47 action?