Military Firearm Restoration Corner

A Mighty Fine Mauser Sporter

cougar69

Check out GB # 267432756. A 1909 Argentine action mauser sporter. This is when I wish I was rich, instead of good looking. LOL Also read why this dealer won`t take any bids from CA. folks or sell & ship anything to anybody living in CA. He speaks the truth IMO.

Very nice but I've seen rifles built by some of our members here that were just as nice.

Just get a mauser action and build one of your own! I don't think I would recomend building a 416 rem though.

I don't think he wanted to sell it very bad. No bids. Read his rant regarding Kalifornia. He has some really good points. I suspect it was a way of posting his dislike for Commiefornia politics.

Nice looking rifle with lots of neat gadgets.

while it is a vey nice rifle there are a few things about it that just don't look right to me.

if your spending 6K+ on a build an inletted rear swivel base should have need installed instead of a screw in stud.

the cheekpiece & shape of the stock in front of it dosn't look quite right, but that might just be a matter of personal taste.

its hard to tell exactly what the forend tip is made from, might be horn but it looks a little to much like plasic to be ebony.

rear bridge was cut back to far and now the back of the extractor isn't inside the rear bridge.