Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Jap Rifle On Gunbroker

AzRednek

Last I looked it was $52.00. The stock itself is worth that much, toss in the sights and bent bolt it is a terrific deal. If I were still healthy enough I'd grab it. I start another round of chemo next week and wont be up to doing much for several weeks. The Pawnshop has it listed as unknown so it is not likely to be found by Jap collectors or builders searching Gunbroker.

If I can be of any assistance, let me know. The pawnshop is about a 10 minute drive for me. OK to go there in daylight but at night the area is controlled by gangs, hookers and druggies.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=195606804#PIC

Last I looked it was $52.00. The stock itself is worth that much, toss in the sights and bent bolt it is a terrific deal. If I were still healthy enough I'd grab it. I start another round of chemo next week and wont be up to doing much for several weeks. The Pawnshop has it listed as unknown so it is not likely to be found by Jap collectors or builders searching Gunbroker.

If I can be of any assistance, let me know. The pawnshop is about a 10 minute drive for me. OK to go there in daylight but at night the area is controlled by gangs, hookers and druggies.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=195606804#PIC

See what the bottom dollar is and let me know and make yourself a few bucks.

See what the bottom dollar is and let me know and make yourself a few bucks.

Last I looked it was up to about $67.00. I've been in contact with the dealer about another item and they wont end an auction early regardless of the offer. I guess the best bet is to bid on it. You may want to contact them and see if they will ship it to a C&R if you're interested in it and have it. If not it will likely have to be shipped to a FFL.

As far as the caliber they have it listed as unknown. It looks like the issue barrel to me but I do know the "in" thing to do back in the 50 and 60's was to convert these to 300 Savage. It will likely have to have a chamber cast.

I got it. to much shipping ofcourse toAK but thats how it goes when you live in GODS country.

I just took a look at the auction and I don't see it anywhere about extra shipping fees to Alaska. Depending on how bad you want it you might challenge him on it. If it is going to a FFL and he uses Priority Mail it wont cost anymore than shipping it east of the Mississippi.

Glad you got it!!! Looks like it is begging for a 308 or 06 barrel. I'd love to know the history behind it. Can only speculate how many years ago somebody originally sportorized it. From the looks of the adjustable rear Lyman type sight it could have been 50 years ago it was completed. My guess says 1960's from the design of the stock.

I haven't been in that pawnshop for well over a year and I can see why he didn't have many guns for sale. He is putting them all on Gunbroker. Best I recall about all he had were 22's, pump shotguns and a Chinese M-14 he was asking a ridicules price for. If I remember right he was asking 12-1300 for it.

I just took a look at the auction and I don't see it anywhere about extra shipping fees to Alaska. Depending on how bad you want it you might challenge him on it. If it is going to a FFL and he uses Priority Mail it wont cost anymore than shipping it east of the Mississippi.

Glad you got it!!! Looks like it is begging for a 308 or 06 barrel. I'd love to know the history behind it. Can only speculate how many years ago somebody originally sportorized it. From the looks of the adjustable rear Lyman type sight it could have been 50 years ago it was completed. My guess says 1960's from the design of the stock.

I haven't been in that pawnshop for well over a year and I can see why he didn't have many guns for sale. He is putting them all on Gunbroker. Best I recall about all he had were 22's, pump shotguns and a Chinese M-14 he was asking a ridicules price for. If I remember right he was asking 12-1300 for it.

Well to late to complain about shipping ,sent the money already, let you know how it looks when it gets here.

Well to late to complain about shipping ,sent the money already, let you know how it looks when it gets here.

I visited the pawnshop yesterday to look at a Mauser for a friend that lives in southern Az. The pawnbroker runs a clearing house for several various pawnshops around town. The gun I went to look at turned out to be at another pawnshop apx 20 miles away. My buddy didn't get it and I noticed a member of this group also bid on it and lost. It was about 60 bux when I went to look but sold for 305.

The auction operation not only works gunbroker but also does Auction Arms and Ebay stuff as well. As I expected what was on the shelf for sale was stuff that wouldn't sell very well on Gunbroker. Beater 22's, shotguns and a pile of over priced Glock police trade-ins. The pawnshop operation not a pleasant place to visit, high pressure salesman and they cop the attitude of doing you a big favor if I asked for a price or to see something. There were plenty of low-lifes in there with TV's, radios, CD players, watches and various other junk looking for drug money. Guess I would likely cop an attitude as well if I worked in that kind of environment. While I was there there was a big black guy raising hell because they wouldn't give him a loan for his Timex watch. He was sweating and nervous looking, likely needing his morning fix. In the room next door quite the opposite. The guys doing the auctions were all very friendly, helpful and communicative.

• 2 weeks later...