Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Problem With Google Search Results

Dr.Hess

FC,

What do we have for tech support on the board? There is a problem with Google results that I have noticed for quite some time. I finally documented it. If you search for something on our board, USUALLY but not always, the first time you click on the google link, you get taken to a trojan infected page. My Avast anti-virus goes nuts. Then, you go Back and click again on the same link, the proper page comes up and you can't duplicate it. Here are some screen shots. Screen Shot 1.gif is where you wind up when you click the link. Screen shot 2.gif is the google page that sent me there. I didn't get a shot of the Avast warning. Note that this virtually never happens with other sites/searches on google.

I don't know if we have some kind of infection in the board or what, but that's what I suspect. Can you point the tech support people to this thread and see what comments they have? Thanks.

post-38-0-30954800-1474392279_thumb.gif

post-38-0-74636200-1474392294_thumb.gif

Support people: Also note that his behavior happens on completely different machines (different operating systems, different boxes) and has been observed for about the past year or more. Browser is Firefox, up to date. Avast anti-virus. OS's of WIn7 and XP. NoSript, AdBLock Plus and Ghostery on one and AdBlock Plus and Ghostery on the other.

Here it is again. I caught the warning this time. Screenshot 4 is the Google search and 3 is the web site and warning. 1 and 2 were on the XP machine and 3 and 4 were on the Win7 box. In both cases, I clicked on the first (top) link on google, and clicking on it a second time brought me to the proper page.

post-38-0-41161300-1474421995_thumb.gif

post-38-0-01053900-1474422009_thumb.gif

Don't know about the yahoo connection. I seriously doubt a "state" hacked yahoo and offered the addresses for sale. Also note that yahoo was hacked 2 years ago.

I just tried a search and the first click brought me to the proper page. Did they say what the problem was?