Military Firearm Restoration Corner

A New Disorder?

karlunity

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/02/12/psychiatrist-there-has-been-a-tremendous-amount-of-seasonal-affective-disorder-this-winter/ This is tooo good...don't like being cold..stuck in the snow..not having lights? You got a "disorder" best run to the nearest headdoctor and pay him or her 250 bucks an hour...wonder if Obama care covers that???

• 3 weeks later...

Years ago I spent two weeks in the Minneapolis-St Paul area. I don't think it is anything new or unusual. The local residents had various names for it. People in the area often get snowed in for a few weeks annually often losing electricity for several days. People get cranky, depressed and tempers flare easy. I imagine if I were stuck in my house for several days with no electricity. I'd get a bit restless and cranky but needing medical help or pills to deal with it is a stretch far as I'm concerned. My guess somebody trying to get a CPT code for the so-called shut-in disease, wintertime blues, no sunshine illness etc so insurance will indeed cover it. From what I was told the suicide rate and domestic violence goes way up with the snowed in shut-ins so possibly there is some legitimacy to it. Most the residents I interacted with said they grew up with it and simply learned to deal with it.

Some Minnesota lib will likely use the Wintertime Blues and the increase in suicide and domestic violence as another argument for gun control.