Military Firearm Restoration Corner

92 % Of Women In The Army Dont Want Combat

karlunity

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/24816653/ap-exclusive-few-army-women-want-combat-jobs#axzz2uMeow9ao Surprise surprise 92 % of women dont want to be in combat. (Combat closing with the foe and killing them by fire and maneuver) Most women will fight bravely in self defence and like lioness in defence of their families, but they, as a rule do not enjoy seeking out the foe to fight...We men do.

"Is a marine."

You never stop being one.

Please tell that lady I said "hoooooooooo."

The problem with women in combat is that men are protective of women as we should be.

If we are taking a hill and you get hit, semper fi pal. you are the corpman's problem.

We keep going.

But if a WM got hit, we would stop to protect and help her.

That would louse up the assault on the hill.

karl

She says that back to you, Karl and that it's important I relay that.

On the topic, I read somewhere that your descriptions are what the Israelis found was happening with women in front line units, and that is why they stopped doing that. There's plenty of rear duty for women who want to do that kind of thing. When I was in Haifa in '82 or so, whenever they were invading Lebanon that time, the women troopies were guarding the streets. Not sure if they had them in the front line units then or not.

Marines are strange when it comes to WMs.
I was on a bus with a whole bunch of dirty tired evil grunts coming back from a training problem 15 days in the field. Note that most of these guys had been to the NAM and were not the most gentle of souls.
The air was purple with marine descriptive adjectives. The bus was not moving and we were going to miss dinner and liberty.
Everyone was mad. Lt goes to the Gunny.
"The skipper is mad, he said the civvies can hear the cussing and I cannot get them to stop."
Gunny. "Sir, if I may suggest? Send Cpl Jones( a WM) to sit on the bus."
About two minutes later Cpl Jones comes on board and someone calls out "Bam on deck."
All the Cussing stopped at once.'
True marines respect WMs.
karl