Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Walmart To Stop Selling Ars

karlunity

Checked out Store 100 today. That's their flagship store. I've seen as many at 10 AR's there at once. They had none. They guy said that they just made the announcement, but they actually put the rifles (and combat type shotguns) on sale 2 or 3 weeks ago. And they just sat there, then went all at once. They generally marked the rifles down $100, or more. As they were already basically at wholesale, that was a hell of a deal.

I got to Wally's as soon as I heard but as expected the AR's were all gone. Surprisingly the two over priced Remington 7400's that had been there for several weeks were also gone. I did see an oddball brand Turkish made 12ga auto marked down to 299. It was not a tactical model but a beautifully finished, high polish blue and walnut stocked auto. Can't say for sure but it looked like the Turk manufactured Weatherbys. I got a "I dunno want me to call a manger" after I asked about the new policy. My guess, employees were probably instructed not to comment.