Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Arizona I-10 Shootings

AzRednek

More serious than I thought. Az DPS upped the reward to 50 G's. DPS confirmed in one radio news report nine and another station report eleven. The damage was caused by a bullet. Police are still taking plenty of calls for dented or damaged windshields people assume to have been caused by a bullet.

The teens with the slingshots have been ruled out as suspects related to the damage that police are saying were caused by bullets. Apparently the teens damaged plenty of windshields. To the best of my knowledge the vehicles struck by bullets were on the west side on the route toward Los Angeles.

Any idea on what caliber? Is it a 22 or something big? Seems like from the minimal injuries, I'm guessing 22.

Haven't heard anything about caliber or even if it is rifle or handgun. Possibly one of the topics police avoid telling the public. I haven't paid any attention today to local news. Seems to me I heard something on my car radio. The past Sunday was the last. I did notice all the freeway warning signs along I-17 saying "shooter tip line" followed by a phone number. My gut feeling with a 50 grand reward somebody will be claiming it soon.

A large portion of the reward money according to radio news. Is backed by Arizona police fraternal orgs and unions. Just speculation on my part. Possibly some of the shootings were aimed at cops. With cops dropping like flies recently around the country. The most recent perp to kill a cop in Kentucky I believe. Fox News is saying his Facebook page showed his support and activity with the Lives Matter BS. Maybe there is a connection to the Freeway Shooter.

Cops still being pretty much tight lipped with details. News reports are saying police responding to all calls and complaints of windshield dings. Been well over a week since the news reported a shooting. There was another TV report a couple days ago of vehicle damage from several unknown projectile. Hwy 202 was closed right off of I-10 for what was reported as a police situation but as far as I know. No details were reported. Local news has reported police are getting plenty of calls of shots fired from freeway cell phones but no dmage has been found. My guess, teens are deliberately back-firing their exhaust. I did it often at age 17 until I blew a hole in one of my Cherry Bomb glass packs. I very seriously doubt it is the sandman, if so he has moved on.

Years ago, mid to late 80's. A co-worker discovered a dismembered child's body in an outgoing collection box. She told me news cameras were all over and she was interviewed three times. Not a thing on the news. Two days later she told me FBI and Postal Inspectors told her not to talk about it as they feared a copy-cat. Obviously the govt is capable of burying news reports. I have a feeling the same thing may be currently going on with only minimal details being reported.

They let one go and made another arrest. Az DPS spox said he's responsible for at least four of the shootings. No answer I heard about the other seven. Possibly copy cat shooters. I'm not completely confident its over.

The first suspect, an illegal alien. Pulled over for driving erratically, arrested for pot possession was let go. "He's still on our radar" a DPS spox claimed. Nothing said about his immigration status and best I can tell the pot possession charges were dropped. Another classic example of an illegal alien being released back on to the street.

Local talk radio claims ATF and FBI are saying the investigation is still ongoing and more arrests are expected.

There was a DPS detective on TV claiming to have done ballistic tests on all the handguns for the entire city currently held in pawn. The guy that was arrested is claiming his gun was in pawn during the shooting spree. Supposedly the gun held in pawn matched recovered bullets. I think we're getting hosed with BS. I have no idea of the number of handguns currently in pawn shops but it is an obvious fairy tale claiming to have done ballistic tests on every one.

Have to keep in mind somebody may have made up a story to collect the 50 G's and the detective wanting credit for solving the crime wants the attaboy. Electronic signs still lit up asking for tips on shooter and ATF and FBI are saying the investigation is still ongoing but refusing comment on DPS' arrest. The guy that was arrested against his lawyer and even the judge's advice talked with reporters asking them to follow up on his claim of his gun being held in pawn during the shooting spree. Seems like every time I hear a news report the facts change.