Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I Feel Like I Been Shot At.... And Missed Again : )

karlunity

Went to the Surgeon for a post op checkup and report.

It was cancer malignant 8cm type ll

BUT it was contained in the kidney and they got it all.

Now I have to go back for a check in 3 months and no pt for a month more.

But hey as long as they keep missing, they can shoot all they like.

karl

Karl ask your Dr about a P E T scan but unless you have several G's sitting around collecting dust have the facility verify your health plan covers it. It is my understanding but best rely on the pro's. If the Cancer has spread anywhere and is one centimeter or larger it will show up on the PET Scan. Medicare covers it but only for certain diagnosis. Not covered as part of any routine exam or physical. I would assume you'd qualify but best make sure. Chances are good your Dr knows the game plan to get it covered.

Just curious if you have to make any lifestyle or dietary changes with a single kidney. Do you have to give up any of life's pleasures like coffee, beer or sugar. Guess you already have all the bases covered if you have to eat health food.

I will ask about the PET next time i see him.

The doctor said the beer and coffee,almost anything in moderation is ok. But of course, i gotta get it pass the Hippy.

She has me on organic health food very limited organic coffee and no beer yet. Just distilled water as a main drink.

I see the logic in that and I am for the time being taking it very easy food wise.

karl