Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Vegas

FC

Sure as heck sounded like fully automatic gunfire, and maybe more than one. Sickening! I wonder if one of the trigger upgrades that let's you shoot like full auto was used? Anymore, whether by bomb or gun, one person can kill a whole lot of people in a hurry. I have no idea if that can be stopped?

It was full auto..I know that sound and now the News admit it.

Anfac say he was their guy and so does ISIS.

No one seem to know or is saying as yet.

If he did as reported have 200 loaded mags (30) being the most common that is 6000 rounds and ten rifles.

Have to hold off till more is known

karl

There's some video here:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-02/shooter-las-vegas-concert-kills-20-injures-over-100

Sounds like strings of around 100 rounds. I thought the first one went to maybe 110, 120 rounds. Very regular. The second string sounded less regular. Definitely center fire rifle.

A friend at work, Army combat vet, listened to the above youtoobe. He said the frist string sounded like a belt fed machine gun, maybe M60, or like that. The second one sounded different, higher pitch, maybe 556. I noticed the second one sounded less rhythmic, like it might have been one of those handle cranks or one of those slide fire things. Of course, those slide fire things take practice to make work, and a full 100-ish rounds go off.

Hope I am wrong but I see the GOP and Mr Trump at bottom a NY liberal pushing some new gun control and soon.
Karl

Before you say it cannot happen recall that it was Nixon not LBJ who went to Red China
Again Hope that I am wrong/

Bet Congress makes some deals, ban slider stocks and trade it for CCW reciprocity or easing suppressor restrictions. Tony is right on about lawsuits. Bet lawyers are preparing to get rich organizing a class action. Slider stocks being a non firearm do not have the same protection as firearm manufactures.

If slider stocks are banned chances are good those currently owned might be grandfathered. Might be a good investment. Never thought serialized with tax stamp AR-15 conversion parts would be worth 2 grand as of 3 or 4 years ago.

If the NRA opposes bump stocks it will be a mistake, despite it not being hard to make them at home.

It is my understanding from seeing Cox and LaPierre on Tucker and Hannity last night. They never said ban but regulation. I'd give up Sliders for reciprocity in return.

I'd love to have the ability to carry in NYC just to piss them off. After the feds passed legislation permitting retired cops to carry anywhere in the country. I can remember a NYC mayor, think it was Koch. Literally freaking out to the news media. A retired Mosquito policeman from the south was caught carrying. They had to give him his gun back and let him go.

Just as Tony said. An unnamed lawyer so far lawyer is starting and organizing a class action suit. So far all I've heard is the hotel and concert organizer being mentioned as recipients. Nothing said so far about Slider Stock manufactures but I'm sure it's coming. I'm sure the greedy lawyer will make a small fortune while victims and their families see a small token stipend. Lawyers pocketing the standard one third of the total while victims have deducted court, travel, expert witness etc fees is pure greed.

I'm seeing Sliders on Backpage with 5-600 asking prices. A few ads with 200-250 price tags quickly disappeared, presumably sold. Fox News claimed yesterday. The Sliders have flown off of and disappeared from dealer's shelves and the manufactures are no longer taking new orders due to increased and overwhelming demand. Fox also reported Wal-Mart, Cabelas and some other sporting good chains had stopped selling them. Guess we're left to speculate if smaller gun dealers fearing liability stopped selling them or if the supply line has dried up.

There's at least 1 video on YouTube on making one.

An analyst on Fox said warning signs may not be in the actions, but hoarding guns and ammunition may be. If so, we'd better keep an eye on the IRS and Homeland Security!

Hearing and seeing a lot of hype from Dems and Libs on the news.Not one have been able to come up with any reasonable regulation that would have stopped him. One lib claimed the govt should have been aware through the legal background checks he was hoarding "weapons and munitions of war". Tucker countered by saying what should the govt do, raid his home, follow him, confiscation etc. Tucker also asked "how many" before the govt takes action. The Lib couldn't answer responded with some BS about needing a conversation on powerful automatic weapons.

I have a feeling Tannerite is soon going to be on the Lib's hit list.

There's at least 1 video on YouTube on making one.

An analyst on Fox said warning signs may not be in the actions, but hoarding guns and ammunition may be. If so, we'd better keep an eye on the IRS and Homeland Security!

I fear Homeland Security. They could easily turn into the Gestapo.