Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Rdm 1962

manureman

Hey Ralph I'm pretty bad to get after catfish and have wanted to fish the Mississippi for years but don't have a clue where to put a boat in on that river. I've looked around on the web but don't feel comfortable pulling my boat three hours to a ramp I'm unsure about. Would you have any personal experience with public ramps and I prefer to put in where I could fish several miles up and down stream without having to fool with a lock and dam. Thanks , Jim

Hi Jim, I haven't fished the Mississippi in years. I usually fish the Missouri in the St. Charles area. Other than that I'll go to Mark Twain Lake or Thomas Hill Reservoir. I wish I could help. Good Luck. Ralph

Thanks Ralph I appreciate you getting back to me ,didn't know if you would or not but figured it was worth a shot. Darn Doc you don't even give a man a chance to get started telling fishin stories till you blow him clean out of the water with the first shot LOL, l'd forgot about you being in that line of work till you mentioned it again, don't remember if I read that here or on your website now but I would think that might be a little hard to get out of a man's system. Jim