Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Flaco

ken98k

I haven't heard that name in a long time. Just us old-timers.

We need an importer to dump about 100,000 reasonably priced Mausers on the market to re-gain the popularity we had 5 years ago. I really miss some of the real expertise we had as regulars. I can't remember one gentleman's name or online handle. It was nearly 10 years ago I think, about the time I joined this group. He got on the phone and walked a friend and I through adjusting a 1950's manufactured adjustable trigger on my friend's 03 Springfield. Not just the advice but some of the small nickel and dime but hard or nearly impossible to locate parts members have sent me being a total stranger has been priceless. One of the former regulars Morgan something, the shotgun guy. I believe it was Morgan or possibly another shotgun guy that sent me a part I learned the pay-it-forward concept when I tried to pay him for the postage after returning the part that didn't fit. Unfortunately I'll never forget the scammer that ripped off several members. He claimed he was scrounging parts for a Mauser project for a disabled Veteran that was financially embarrassed.

We need an importer to dump about 100,000 reasonably priced Mausers on the market to re-gain the popularity we had 5 years ago.

You know, there are still lots of cheap Mosins available but, no reasonably priced stocks for them.

I wish I could get a bunch of these stocks.

post-200-0-83659300-1403921824_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I still lurk from time to time. There hasn't been a lot of sporter talk since the market dried up. That notwithstanding, I've also bought a house, gotten engaged, and whole lot of other "grownup stuff" that absorbs all my mad money. I don't shoot like I did when 30-06 was $0.40 a pop and 8MM Turk bandoliers were $5/each. Just can't afford it. I still have several Mauser and Pattern 17 Enfield actions that need my attention and some day Lord willing they'll get it.

I still remember Fritz, Jerry the Horsefly, z1r, and several others. I learned a lot "back then!"

I do not miss Flaco however. He and I never got on well and I do not wish to ever have any contact with him ever again. He was a bit too liberal and mouthy for my tastes.

I remember the Turk 8mm being 8 cents a pop, delivered. Afraid those days are long gone, along with $60 Turk 98's.

Last week, I found a dirty 8mm Turk '45 headstamp case out in the driveway. Too bad you can't do much with them.

yep..Those were the days.

Last time I saw turk ammo, the good stuff in the blue bando at the gun show, the guy wanted $80 bucks per bando!!!! I had to ask him twice as I could not believe my own ears.

"but you get 14 real stripper clips worth $1.50 each and the bando worth $ 10

that is a $31 saving so you are ONLY paying about 70 cents a round!!!!"

He sold them too.

karl