Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Swedish M96 Stock

spec4 e4

I have an sportized Swedish M96 that is in an military stock that been sportized and was not done very well. The person sanded to much around the receiver area and the metal to wood fit is bad. I have two extra stock, 1 complete the other jus the lower with all the hardware. How hard is it to find these stock now a day?

Thanks

Rob

I also check the auction sites, Boy they are beat up. I have two that was refinished and was thinking of restocking the sporterized M96 that I bought years ago. But it look like I should get an aftermarket stock and sell the one I have to someone that need to restock. :lol:

Rob

I suspect that you can sell the military stock for enough to buy a sporter. I have very rarely seen a sporterized military stock that was even remotely attractive.

Clemson

I suspect that you can sell the military stock for enough to buy a sporter. I have very rarely seen a sporterized military stock that was even remotely attractive.

Clemson

That's telling it like it is. ;)

Clemson

Well I'll darned! I thought this one http://www.sporterizing.com/index.php?showtopic=5653&hl= looked pretty good so I started one for myself.

Now I guess I'm gonna end up with a piece of fire wood.

Well I'll darned! I thought this one http://www.sporterizing.com/index.php?showtopic=5653&hl= looked pretty good so I started one for myself.

Now I guess I'm gonna end up with a piece of fire wood.

Note that I didn't say "never," Kenak2 -- only "very rarely!" :D

Clemson

any offers: It comes with the cleaning rod(number does not match), putt plate match the stock number. No sling swival,disc or handguard. Nice figure. Please had shipping too.

Rob

Rob,

Put it on fleabay, you'll probably be amazed at what you'll get for it.

Kenny