Another New Aquisition For My Toy Vault

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AzRednek

AzRednek
  • Members
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:50 PM

Picked up a Stoeger 410 Coach Gun today in a trade for a 380 Makarov. I bought two Makarovs a few years ago as an investment. Bought the pair both new in the box with spare mags and cheezy mil-surp holsters for $325. I didn't discover one of the Maks was chambered in 380 until I took it to the range. The other one chambered in 9MM Makarov I'm hanging on to, often using it as a car gun.

The Stoeger Coach Gun with a 20 inch barrel is perfect size for my eleven year old Grandson this upcoming Dove season. Last year he used a full sized Winchester 410 single-shot. My G S had difficulty handling the full sized 410 and cocking the ridiculously stiff hammer. Last season after catching him running with the shotgun cocked the second time after being warned not to. Dad took it away from him. The Stoeger does not have hammers and has an auto safety. The Stoeger Coach Guns are selling new on Gunbroker new for about $450 + shipping and FFL fees.

Hope the photos turn out, I robbed them from the Backpage ad.   

Attached Files

#2 karlunity

karlunity
  • Admin
  • 5,633 posts
  • Interests:The United States
    History
    Old firearms

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:11 PM

Very nice indeed AZ.

karl

#3 rdm1962

rdm1962
  • Members
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:If it goes bang I'm interested in it.

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:56 PM

Those Stoegers are a great value. I've  been thinking of a 20 gauge for a while. Nice deal. Ralph

#4 AzRednek

AzRednek
  • Members
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:08 AM

I'm anxious to shoot it but its to hot outside. The nearby indoor range insist shotguns shoot slugs or buckshot and all I have is # 6 and 8 shot in 410. The indoor range inspects all long guns going inside range. If they see a shotgun I have to show them the ammo. Can't get a straight answer why they wont allow birdshot.

#5 Spiris

Spiris
  • Members
  • 667 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:32 PM

1. It's strange that the indoor range has those requirements for shotguns. The Stoeger Coach guns are very popular as they represent a good value in a reliable action. I have a Stoeger Condor O/U in 410 that i've had for several years, and a Mec 600 Jr reloader in 410, to afford to shoot it. I also have an NEF singleshot that I cut the choke off and added fiber-optic rifle sights. I custom load a 3 ball load in 2 1/2" Rem hulls that chronographs just under 1200fps and stays inside of 12" at 50 yds. That's like 3, 38 caliber slugs hitting at once. I didn't have a pic of my Condor handy.

Spiris

Attached File  pard410.jpg   109.27K   5 downloads

#6 AzRednek

AzRednek
  • Members
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:22 AM

• It's strange that the indoor range has those requirements for shotguns.

Spiris
  • The indoor range's last excuse was bird shot winds up punching holes in the targets of adjacent lanes. Previously I was told "SD shot shells only". I arrived with a box of Remington with copper plated BB's. The box was clearly marked "reduced recoil self defense" but the young guy insisted the BB's were duck and geese loads. I tried to explain the difference between BB sized lead shot and real BB's but he would not allow me to even carry them into the range.

The indoor range strictly enforces all their rules. They insist every shot be carefully aimed and will tap on one's shoulder for rapid firing. No bump firing, slider stocks, cronys or lead sleds. A few months ago I saw two guys shooting 1911's off of a Ransom Rest. Apparently it is allowed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users