• 5,594 posts
  • Interests:The United States
    History
    Old firearms

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:10 AM

20 mins · 

https://www.infowars.com/rand-paul-urges-trump-not-to-take…/
Worth reading.

I took this position when Mr, Obama was in and I take it when Mr. Trump is in.

Syria has not attacked the USA.

Under the Constitution is the duty the Congress to declare war.

Until that is done...I say not our war and not our business.

karl

#2 Semi nut

Semi nut
  • Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

We are in some many countries business that we are not taking care of ourselves. America and American first. Let them kill each other, who carelse, I don't. They been doing this since civilization begin. Rob

#3 Semi nut

Semi nut
  • Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:39 AM

Not our circus, not our monkeys.

#4 Robert357

Robert357
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:A professional engineer, an NRA member, member of a gun range, member of the Washington Arms Collectors Association. <br /><br />I enjoy shooting a few WWII bolt action mil-surp rifles (MN 1891/30 &amp; Arisaka Type 99. I have a collection of Pre-WW-I 32 ACP semi-auto pistols. I also enjoy reloading for the firearms I have. For some rifles, I really like reduced load cast bullet shooting.

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

Not that I really want to get into this political discussion, but......

Anyone notice the huge wringing of hands over saving the poor Syrian refuges?   Anyone notice the need to properly vet these refugees in a land where a valid government really doesn't exist to keep track of who is who?   Anyone notice the huge number of them that Obama (yes the Big Zero) said he would authorize during his term in office to bring into this country?  Anyone notice how Hillary wanted to increase the number of Syrian refugees dramatically and how all the media and Democrats thought that was a great idea on humanitarian grounds?

Now finally has anyone noticed that when Trump issued executive orders (yes plural) to stem the flow of potential Syrian terrorists (hidden among refugees) that two federal courts stopped him, how people have marched in the street to oppose President Trump and his executive orders, how the media is opposing it and how the US Democratic party is opposing stemming the flow of Syrian refugees.

Now please explain to me how this civil war in Syria has nothing to do with our Country and safety.

Sorry guys, it should not be "our war," but a big chunk of the US power structure and the former Administration has made it "our war".....or at least has made the refugee element of "that war" our problem. If the war is over, then the need to accept the refugees is dramatically decreased.

While rational people would argue to sen the refugees somewhere else, our courts, Democrats and the former administration along with the media have all said we must do something about the refugees.

#5 karlunity

karlunity
  • Admin
  • 5,594 posts
    History
    Old firearms

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:13 AM

I still think Trump better than Clintion but not by as much.
The Constitution is clear. Congress declares war and bombing with tomahawks is an act of war.
Had we wanted to continue the policy of the PC dems we would have elected Clintion.
Controlling who we let into the nation is our problem but This in no way helps that If anythingI expect to see more refugees now.

So again    Not our war and not our problem
karl

#6 AzRednek

AzRednek
  • Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

I'm glad Trump ordered it but I do agree with Karl it is Congress' job to declare war. Trump's message to the world that there is a new Sheriff in the White House was badly needed. Now if he could get Nicky (whats-her-name) to walk out of the insipid UN and kick them the he// out of New York would be fine with me.

#7 karlunity

karlunity
  • Admin
  • 5,594 posts
    History
    Old firearms

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:10 PM

Leaving the UN would make my day.

karl

#8 AzRednek

AzRednek
  • Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:42 PM

Leaving the UN would make my day.

karl

A co-worker of mine at the Post Office was a NYPD cop before moving to Arizona. He told me some real horror stories about UN diplomats using their diplomatic immunity to skate around many laws. He told me about the best they could often do was lock them up then take their sweet time verifying their credentials. He claimed that may had a total disregard for traffic laws for speeding and running lights. He told me the city was in and out of court enforcing parking laws. Last he heard NY was given the green light by the court to boot or tow illegally parked cars with diplomatic plates.

#9 karlunity

karlunity
  • Admin
  • 5,594 posts
    History
    Old firearms

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:11 PM

I just plain hate the UN..

Yes I know the history and ideals behind it and I still think it stinks.

karl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users