Military Firearm Restoration Corner

What Stocks Fit A Danzig Kar98

JoshF

What's a "Danzig"? If it's a 98, it's a large ring OD, right? The ring size is the OD of the front ring of the receiver, and all 98's are the same (large). There are "small ring" 98's like the Turks, but the OD is still large ring. The ID is small ring. The stock, of course, will fit the OD of the ring.

The kar98a or kar98az are small ring, the kar98k is large ring. I think Josh is referring to the small ring model.

I would search ebay for you stock Josh.

No they are famous for becoming unintentional takedowns. Used to common practice to turn the rings down too in the years gone past. If you ever measured the thread relief cut you will see why it isn't a good idea. Some actions did it right, some not so good.

Don

Use a standard large ring stock and glass bed the action. If you tint the glass bed it won't be very noticeable. Other than that your are looking at a custom stock. Very few people have a pattern for it. If you want a real nice stock you can always sent it to be duplicated later.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Also Don are you telling me this thing is a deathtrap?

The plan was to finish what bubba started. A decent stock,drill and tap for a scope and a duracoat job. Probably only ever shoot cast bullets out of it.

Couldn't you use a 93-96 stock? You'd be removing wood, not having to fill (except for the internal locking-lug area; expoxy would fix that).