Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Up Date On That Airliner Shot Down In The Ukraine Part Two

karlunity

That story keeps changing from 23 Americans to perhaps one?

Forensic teams fanned out across the Netherlands on Saturday to collect material including DNA samples that will help positively identify the remains of victims. Malaysia Airlines said 193 of the 298 passengers and crew killed in Thursday's strike were Dutch.

"In the past 45 hours, the airline together with various foreign embassies have made every effort to establish contact with the next-of-kin but is still unable to identify many more family members," Malaysia Airlines said in a statement.

Initial reports stated that 23 Americans were on board. However, President Obama said Friday that at least one American was among the dead. The manifest listed no Americans, but the State Department confirmed in a tweet that Quinn Lucas Schansman, listed as a Dutch citizen on the manifest, held dual-citizenship.

karl

The absolute transcendent idiocy of this is almost rational belief.

A government that does not want to fight a war against a few thousand lightly armed ragheads, seems to think that they can do what Napoleon and Hitler could not. Take control of large parts of Russia and do it with out a major war. Worst over the last 6 years Russia has rebuilt it's armed forces and worst still for us it's atomic weapons.

Russia was never going to give Sevastopol navel base to NATO. They fought the Germans..the French and the Brits to keep it.

I think that the feeling may be that they can put finical pressure on the billionaires of Russia and that THEY will over throw Putin.

But this is Russia and as long as he has the support of the Army and the people I do not think that that will happen.

I think that if they push the Bear hard enough the Russian army may just push to the borders of Poland and give the nato the finger. I do not see NATO getting in WW lll with Russia. More in about 90 days it is going to get cold in Europe and without Russian Gas the factories are not running and the Euro is weak enough now. What I think will happen is that the Ukraine will be split and Europe will start buying US gas...it will cost more and that may limit it. Russia will sell to China and that is not good for us in the long run.