Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Spanish Mauser...thou Shall Not Covet.

ghost95

Well, I had a spanish action that I just didn't feel good about so, I ordered a conversion kit and decided to turn it into a .45.

I know, but it is so stupid it's awesome. It's also a blast to shoot. No recoil and big holes. It really blasts the crap out of beer cans.

This franken mauser is a small ring, with a VZ24 rear sight and a 1903 front. She is still a work in progress and will end up with a different sight because neither of these are adjustable for windage. I am also planning to convert the bolt to cock on opening as it will make the feeding a bit easier.

Hope you all enjoy the picture. Don't be too upset with me. This was all for fun. C-

Dunno on the pic. I've never successfully uploaded one to the site. Others have, though. I hot link them from my own web site.

That sounds like a fun plinker. I recall seeing an article on something like that in SGN years ago. I built a 7.62x39 on a Spanish Mauser. I need to finish it one of these days. Needs bedding and some fiddling. Recoil is very mild.

Well, feeding wasn't that big of a deal. The kit I bought was a barrel and a plastic block for the back of the magazine. I think it had a follower and spring, but that didn't work, so I took a 10 round AK mag apart and used the pieces of that for the follower and spring.

• 2 weeks later...

When you start a new topic and want to post a picture from your computer, look below the box where you type. You can browse and add a picture. If it's a URL link you look to the ribbon above where you are typing and find the picture icon.