Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Taking The Dutch Out On My Range

FC

We have 20-something year old Dutch friends who are here to visit. They are engaged. She wanted to shoot too. They had a really good time shooting flintlock rifle, percussion musket, cap and ball, bolt actions, pistols, Peacemakers, lever action, SKS, and K-31. I was so busy keeping guns loaded that I didn't take pictures. If they send me any pictures I'll post them. I've been off this week, and have been cooking like mad for a week. Oh, and a college boy interested in my youngest daughter came to visit from Omaha.

Cool. Tell them Dr.Hess says "Goede Dag."

I almost bought a Dutch Mauser in 8mm at the gun show. I saw two of them. It was real tempting, but they were both short carbines, very light weight and I thought they would probably about take my shoulder off to shoot.

They picked up the plastic containers filled with water, but little ol' me gets to clean upwards 20 guns. No fun cleaning black powder!

Dr. Hess, will do.

Both of them are over 6 ft. tall. They had a good time, and started picking up on how to shoot. Yvonne liked the Peacemaker clones best, and Wouter liked the Winchester 92 in .30-30 and SKS best. My daughter's boyfriend liked the Peter Berry flintlock.