Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Funny When Russia Was The Ussr...

karlunity

Yeah, I noticed that. I suspect it is really just a strategy to attack the Right. Most of the Right remembers the Cold War, which is long over. The commie left thinks that they can use Russia as a boogie man against the Right. Oh, look!! A Russian. Must be a Commie Russian. Don't you want Auntie Hillary to go nuke them? Bad Old Trump might try to sell them stuff instead!! Combine that with Russia kicking the commies out of their country and the left is really not pleased.

I guess I have three comments.

(1) Let's leave the election behind us. Too much negative emotions and misinformation was tossed around, It is time to move forward.

(2) Maybe in the economic/political mess that is Central American and the Middle East with their collapsing economies, hyper-inflation and civil wars, some of the governments may wish to sell some of their really old firearms on the world market. With a new US President, who hopefully has a little better opinion of firearms owners and collectors, perhaps some of the restrictions on importing of such firearms can be lifted. It would be nice to get a chance to pick up some really old Venezuelan Mauser rifles, or some Afghan British .303 rifles, etc.

(3) Hopefully, with a new President, the Civilian Marksmanship Program and sale of surplus US military arms to qualified gun clubs/programs and members can be opened up once again..There were rumors a while back about M1 carbines that might be available.or maybe even some armory mis-matched M1911A1's.

Merry Christmas

(3) Hopefully, with a new President, the Civilian Marksmanship Program and sale of surplus US military arms to qualified gun clubs/programs and members can be opened up once again..There were rumors a while back about M1 carbines that might be available.or maybe even some armory mis-matched M1911A1's.

The way I understand the importation of mil-surp weapons are regulated. Bolt action surplus rifles and some handguns are ok as long as the exporter does not have a hostile relationship with the US govt. No mil-surp weapons of any sort from Red China. Obama according to the net article was personally involved with blocking Korea and Taiwan's attempt to export M-1 Carbines back to the USA to the DCM program. Like I said it was on the net so it has to be true!!.

As much as I hate to admit it. I seriously doubt there will ever be another glut of mil-surp rifles for sale again. I recall back in the 70's. The then BATF ran interference on M-1 Carbines. During the 70's one could buy M-2 parts dirt cheap and easily convert a carbine to full auto in a few minutes. A law passed through Congress or BATF was given the broad authority to enforce it. Made it illegal to be in possession of certain M-2 Carbine parts and a M-1 Carbine. John Jones citizen could have either the parts or the M-1 but not both in possession or under the same roof.

I assume as the firearms manufactures will do as they did in the late 60's bringing us GCA-68. By lobbying against imports of any gun like the 1911 or any other they see as competition.

There's a glut of guns, in my opinion, and I predict prices will fall. Milsurp have a hard time being in demand when there are millions of guns, and more on the way.

As for politics, we live in ground-breaking times, and there's much to talk about. The left is throwing everything but the kitchen sink in their tantrum, and frankly, it's often funny to watch!

With Pres Trump vowing to protect the 2nd in his rallies before and after the election. I feel my guns are safe from govt gun grabbers in my lifetime. I wonder though if Trump will want to relax gun regs or leave as is. Have to remember Trump at one time backed the ban of assault rifles. I take it from his speeches his sons changed his mind.

I fear the manufactures might sell us out as Bill Ruger did backing and speaking to Congress supporting mag limits and restrictions on importing mil-surp semi's. Truth is Ruger was furious his then new Mini-30 wasn't selling as one could buy three or four SKS's for the same money. I was told by a former co-worker whose brother works at Ruger's Arizona factory. Bill Ruger threw a temper tantrum after a prison order of Mini-30's was canceled. The prison system opted for lower cost Norinco brand AK imports. With numerous brands and manufactures of 1911's. My guess is they will lobby Congress and Trump to oppose it or simply stand by and let current regs prevent it.

I'm also enjoying watching the spoiled brats pouting. I'm really surprised some degenerate crybaby lib hasn't attempted to kill Trump..I'm wondering if the CIA leaks about Russian interference are real and does Obama have something up his sleeve by insisting on a full report before his term ends.

Yep as I look at it I do think the PCSJW types were trying for a knee jerk reaction from us ole cold war types.

Alas for them, most of us can READ.

I do not see a lot of milsups either if any thing they way things are now nationw will be stocking up. ISIS has the heck scared out of a lot of pols.

..some ammo perhaps

karl

I think that Trump will be voted in on Mon by the EC as well The people who control the left KNOW that as bad as they, or some of the useful idiots, may want a revolution, they simply do not have the men and the guns. Now had the left been able to talk us into surrendering the second amendment and our arms and had they been able to win over the majority of the Police and the armed forces, then yes comrade, I suspect that they would have tried. Now? They can raise a spot of trouble, BUT if things get out of hand they will dangle from lampposts and they know it. So they will accept Trump, try to block him every way they can and hope for better luck in 2018 and 2020.

That is my opinion..we will see on monday.

karl