Military Firearm Restoration Corner

A Very Long Week

AzRednek

Started out driving north to Williams Az to meet up with cousin to see whats often named in Az. The hole or hole in the ground but better known as the Grand Canyon. I used to visit the Hole monthly in the early 70's as a traveling auto parts salesman. Saw the hole numerous times and often left without even looking. I used to sell auto parts, mostly starters, generators, brake shoes and carburetors nearly all for Volkswagen Beetles to a hippie operated garage. Dropped them from my travels after discovering their real business was selling drugs to foreign tourists.

My cousin booked us on a train ride from Williams to the Hole. Very typical tourist entertainment. A western shootout at the train station and on the way back the train was robbed the Cataract Gang. The tourists especially the Japs loved it. The actors knew how to entertain the tourists. After being chased by the Marshall to the end of the train and the show ended. The actors walked though shaking hands collecting tips.

46f9bcce-64cc-4149-87bd-3953ab5f352c_zps

This young girl about 12 years old got chewed out in a foreign language by her father. He gave me and others taking her picture dirty looks saying something I couldn't understand.

gc-10_zps9f5se0mv.jpg

Lost count of the numerous times I've seen The Hole but it still impressive.

gc-7_zpsbesrtfvc.jpg

gc-8_zpsmi6mdrxz.jpg

gc-6_zpsdbncshos.jpg

I was some what taken back not seeing the Grand Canyon Village in years how it has grown. Grocery stores, schools and Elk walking around the entire area. I screwed up discarding several photos including the Elk.The female Elk according to tour guide stay year around. Warned everybody to stay clear of a buck Elk and anybody caught feeding the Elk would be arrested and fined by Park Service.

Saw an interesting event in the cafeteria. Some gold chained Japs sat near to what looked like mini-skirted Philippinas dressed like late 60's teenagers. One of the women said something loudly after the Japs spoke to them. They all picked up their plates and moved away.

On the drive home doing about 70-80 I was passed by a mini-truck. Later seeing it turned backward and driver's side smashed. Sat parked on the highway for about 45 minutes while the cops cleared it. Today worn out from the trip I crawled out of bed to attend what was originally booked as a Trump Rally but re-named for some unknown reason to Red White & Blue Rally.

Many attendees were well armed prepared for violent counter protestors.

100_0574_zps2icrkjbq.jpg

A militia group in military dress were also on hand I guess as security.

100_0569_zpsncbxajww.jpg

Must have been about 25 of these guys and one woman also dressed for combat.

100_0578_zpswblxcusg.jpg

The rally was held on the state Capital grounds. DPS had cops all over. I didn't see it but Phx police blocked the road and would not allow the counter protestors near. I left early getting bored with political candidate and state house and senate speakers. Naturally with all the guns around they all spoke highly of the 2nd Amendment. As I drove away I only saw 4 counter protestors left trying to confront about a dozen Phx cops. According to speaker Dr Kelly Ward the candidate trying to unseat Sen Jeff Flake the snowflakes numbered about 100. I really missed the small crowd of overweight counter protestors that usually show up carrying signs saying "Trump calls women pigs" that always draw oinks from the crowd.

The organizers contracted food trucks and porta-jons. Two of what might have been snowflake operated food trucks and the porta-jons pulled out. Don't know if they were libs or frightened by all the gun toting militia men. DPS opened the Capital Building up so the crowd could use the restrooms.

Hope I didn't bore you guys!!

With the commie faction claiming they want to get guns now, having a few of the guys doing security is a good idea. Apparently things didn't go as they had hopped in the last Berkeley fiasco.

Here's an article on it:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-22/there-will-be-blood-left-prepares-war-after-berkeley-beat-down-combat-training-bette

I haven't been to the hole since '86 or '87. Looks the same.

Thanks Az Those are very fine pictures indeed.

Doctor Hess

Let the commies take arms, they will soon be sorry that they did so. If they shoot, people will shoot back and the sort of people shooting back will be far far more experienced at it. :)

karl

I've been to several Rallies the libs would be opposed to. Say many protestors but never any violent type. May have been different the last rally but the Earth Day thing kept most of them away. There was also a big biker event going on elsewhere. The usually large and mean looking bikers attending the local rallies is some what of a security blanket for the pro trump crowd. I'm a bit reluctant seeing the armed militia guys around. I talked to, two of them. One guy was very polite the other definitely had an attitude and likely an itchy trigger finger. I can deal with a lib getting into my face screaming but regardless of which way the bullets fly first. The media will blame the good guys.

I saw some violence in the late 60's stemming from the Farm Workers Union's protests and a strike. Most of it was from strikers intimidating non union workers that were bussed in from Mexico. One violent incident I saw was started by a Deputy billy clubbing a priest. The deputy was ordering the strikers to leave and the priest refusing to leave was leading the crowd to stay. I couldn't understand the priest, being told later he was speaking in Spanish with a Portuguese accent. I wasn't active in the protest but my buddy and I were tagging along with hippie type women knowing we'd get lucky later. Didn't see the incident but saw two bloody handcuffed protestors as I left my draft physical. News reported the protestors were blocking the draft board's entrance in a sit down strike.

Update on the Red, White & Blue Rally.

RWB-1_zpsihntaroy.jpg

These were the volunteer security guys at the rally. They're named United Liberty Coalition. I robbed the photo apparently taken before my arrival off a Facebook page. I was glad they were on our side but did leave me feeling a bit uneasy after hearing about a crowd of protestors being blocked by police from entering the area.

According to Facebook posts the food vendor pulled out after seeing a Trump/Pence sign being hammered into the ground. The vendor's Facebook page was lit up with complaints and low ratings. Last I looked, their rating went from nine points down to 2.7. Their response on Facebook in typical lib fashion, "ignore the haters". The Porta Jon company I'm told he just drove past and didn't contact anybody. Was quoted in phone call saying "you didn't tell me it was for Trump". The only vendor to stay was an old dilapidated ice cream truck. Charged me $8.25 for a vanilla milkshake that was so bad and full of ice crystals I didn't finish it but my dog liked it. He put on an act of struggling to make change for a ten apparently hoping for a keep the change response. The old hippie ice cream vendor compared Keith Richards made him look like a healthy young man. Later tried to charge me 50 cents for an empty small sundae cup. After I complained, he reduced it to a quarter. I needed the cup to givre my dog a drink of water.

Despite the SNAFU's and listening to a few doomsdayer kooks. I enjoyed it and look forward to the next.