Military Firearm Restoration Corner

What Ever Happen To Adam & Bennet Mauser Barrels

rdm1962

Every time I search for Adam & Bennet mauser barrels I get directed to Battenfield' s web site. I know they used to be the manufacture/ seller of A&B barrels. I search but can't find them. Didn't Midway sell them also? I can't find them on their site either. Anyone know what's up on it. Ralph

FYI, Green Mountain Barrels work great. I rebarreled a 93 Mauser into 7x57 and was able to come up with a load that shot under 1 MOA.

I just got a .308 for my current Turk conversion project.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/753330/green-mountain-barrel-mauser-series-3-308-winchester-f54-contour-1-in-10-twist-24-fluted-stainless-steel

(Yes, we had to turn down the threads, :) )

We also have a couple of barrels off of Gunbroker, but haven't used them yet.

Fyrd

For what its worth, 20+ years ago I used Winchester 748 and got good results. I wouldn't even want to guess what the load was or even the bullet weight. Being the cheapskate I am. I most likely used the lightest weight and lowest priced bullets. My Spaniard rifle with a very dark bore never shot well but one of my shooting buds had a near mint German mfd South American 7X57 Mauser carbine that shot like a house fire. If I remember right I used my friend's suggested 748 load and also recall him working up a load using IMR 3031. He also had a FN-49 in 7X57 he had to give up in a nasty divorce.