Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Update

spec4 e4

Been awhile since I post here. So here an update on me. After the band was removed, I had the sleeve. Everything went great till two weeks later. Throwing up alot of blood but ER doctor could not find nothing wrong. They release me. Two after that same thing. Different city, found nothing. They scope Mr and found out I had an ulcer. They clamp it shut. Release and at home now. Throwing up blood again. Went to ER and they transfer me to another hospital were they can care for me. They found out that the ulcer was over an artery and that's why I'm throwing up blood. They clamp the ulcer and hoping it takes. It did not. Two days later it was worst and they had to operate on me. The doctor was saying it was an freak thing. After two months off, I renew my DOT physical and now driving.

Rob

We found our our insurance sucks big time. They are not paying nothing because they said it's not in our plan. So far we are up to 46,000 in bills and only an handful of bills. Wife started an gofundme account and only close friends donated to it.

Rob

While in the hospital they did not feed me till the last 5 days. 14 days without food means extra weight lost. Went in at 240 and came out 213. But in their defense, I was mostly sleeping because of the drugs.

After the operation, I wake up and asked my wife who ran me over with my truck then back over me again. She said Garth. My replied was damn time he learn how to drive but take the keys away from him. Then I was out again. The nurses asked who was Garth, and Vicjey told them it's our Beagle Bassett hound dog.

Everyone had an good laugh over it. ne, I was sleeping.

Rob

Yeah, on a gut surgery, they tend to not feed you until your gut starts working again. Pretty standard. If you were 2 or 3 weeks in the hospital, you must have been pretty messed up. Fight the insurance. I've never heard of an insurance policy, especially today, that doesn't cover emergency surgeries.

Rob read your brochure from the insurance co about the appeal policy. Usually get the ball rolling by asking in writing and use the key word reconsider in your letter. Start your letter by asking "please reconsider my claims". Ask for specific contract, policy or brochure language that specifically excludes your claim and why. Expect BS over the phone. If they call ask for a response in writing. I suggest you send your letter certified mail. If they fail to respond or dance around a straight answer in regards to policy language. Your state govt likely has an insurance regulatory agency to complain to.

Years ago I was jerked around by SAFECO. The Arizona agency gave me the President and Vice-president's home phone numbers. I didn't get either on the phone but left them scathing messages on their answering machines. Bright and early the next day I got a call apologizing for the misunderstanding.

Az, done and on its way. Ken, I think it was worth it for me, even though the ulcer might be a side effect. If I had to advise someone, I would tell them to talk with their doctors and expect issues. When you mess with something that your body is used to and change it, you will have probkem, but you have to work through them. And don't force it and keep your doctors in the loop to keep major issues popping up. Am I mad or upset because of the ulcer, no.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Update, they assigned an agent to work with the hospital to bring down the cost. But what can we do it the bills are still over 200,000. Right now we are looking at $400,000. It's an mess. Dispute the 1st ER bill fully because they said they can't find nothing work with me. Even my father telling me to sue them. Wga TG the hell, my father is telling me to sue them. Damn.

Rob