Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Twede Stock

BEJ

Have KKale w/ 29" standard 6.5x55 military barrel. Thought I would get a decent stock for the gun

rather than using the old, oil soaked Turk that adorns it now.

First, is the KKale a "long" 98 action ?? Seems most "replacement" stocks are for "Long Action" 98's.

How about some recommendations on a stock (B&C, Hogue, etc.)

Thanks much and I enjoy the site.

Yes, the K.Kale is standard length 98 just like the K98, vz24, and commercial versions.

I don't much like synthetics but the B&C feels good to me.

The K.Kale is a standard Model 98 action.. With an extension ring as a retainer for the handguard! If you have removed the extension, then the action is just like any other model 98.. If the ring is intact... then any stock that you get , except the original K.kale military one, will need to be "relieved" to accept the extension!! HTH.. MV

It depends, If you have a reworked G98 or other receiver, when you remove the ring the receiver will be shorter than a normal 98 receiver.

The turks had many typed of model 98's they reworked or that were purpose built for them. All appear to modified for the handguard to slip into the receiver.

I have a former G98 that was turked. It now only has 5 threads in the receiver.

All standard length model 98 stocks will work one way or another

It depends, If you have a reworked G98 or other receiver, when you remove the ring the receiver will be shorter than a normal 98 receiver.

The turks had many typed of model 98's they reworked or that were purpose built for them. All appear to modified for the handguard to slip into the receiver.

I have a former G98 that was turked. It now only has 5 threads in the receiver.

All standard length model 98 stocks will work one way or another

He said he had a K.Kale. ALL K.Kale's have the extension to retain the handguard and liek racepres said, once removed they are the same length as any other standard 98. Well, unless you go crazy removing the extension..