Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Headspaced The 338-06

Brenden

The topic pretty much explaines it all. I recieved my bolt from Rod (which is beautiful), and as soon as I got home from class, I opened up the stock for the bolt. Later that night I took my reciever over to the neighbors house and calmed my nerves down and set headspace. Bolt closes with light resistance on the go, and doesn't close on the no go! Tinker, Thanks for letting me borrow the gauges!

It took me about an hour to stamp the barrel and to ream. Being my first time, I was scared to death! But i did it, and at 9:30 last night, two shots rang out from the 338-06! I'm a happy dude.

I've learned alot on this forum, I mean alot! Met some nice people, and made a few friends. I'd like to say a thing or two about a person in particular.

Tanglewood, (Rod) has sat on phone with me as i ask him everything imagable from trigger problems to headspace. He has provided me with a no B.S answer everytime. I give him the credit for making this possible, basically He is the only reason this is possible, he's told me how to do everything imaginable and is a very good friend. Like i told him today on the phone, i've learned almost everything from him, and i appericate his willingness to help. With out his help, I'd still be buying rem's or a savage!

As to the rest of those that helped me with various problems, thanks a lot. This is a good place to learn.

Now to get back to my stock, the tru oil is being applied, and hopefully next week, duracoat will cover the metal. ;)

Brenden

• 2 weeks later...
The topic pretty much explaines it all. I recieved my bolt from Rod (which is beautiful), and as soon as I got home from class, I opened up the stock for the bolt. Later that night I took my reciever over to the neighbors house and calmed my nerves down and set headspace. Bolt closes with light resistance on the go, and doesn't close on the no go! Tinker, Thanks for letting me borrow the gauges!

It took me about an hour to stamp the barrel and to ream. Being my first time, I was scared to death! But i did it, and at 9:30 last night, two shots rang out from the 338-06! I'm a happy dude.

I've learned alot on this forum, I mean alot! Met some nice people, and made a few friends. I'd like to say a thing or two about a person in particular.

Tanglewood, (Rod) has sat on phone with me as i ask him everything imagable from trigger problems to headspace. He has provided me with a no B.S answer everytime. I give him the credit for making this possible, basically He is the only reason this is possible, he's told me how to do everything imaginable and is a very good friend. Like i told him today on the phone, i've learned almost everything from him, and i appericate his willingness to help. With out his help, I'd still be buying rem's or a savage!

As to the rest of those that helped me with various problems, thanks a lot. This is a good place to learn.

Now to get back to my stock, the tru oil is being applied, and hopefully next week, duracoat will cover the metal. ;)

Brenden

Rod would be a good guy to live near. He and I only get to converse on the phone, which I enjoy, but a face to face would be nice.

Congrats on losing your headspace cherry.

I'll have some pictures up later. I hate to post with out it being dura coated. Need to re-wire my air compresser and i'll have it done. Wish this weather would warm up, i figure dura coat could get "gloopy" when its this dam cold.

Yea, my cherry has been poped, lol. Me ain't scared no more....till the next one. ;)

Brenden