Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Military Equipment To Cops

FC

Yeah, not that the O says to not militarize them but somehow that doesn't stop. And, of course the cops need a mini-gun. What if the peons get mad? Or a shoplifter at Walmart? How are you going to kill them by the hundreds without a mini-gun? "G.E. We bring good things to Life!" Like the mini-gun.

I posted a rant on a local gun/shooting board about hearing the mini-gun on the fed range. Somebody posted that the mini-gun is in the CIA's arsenal but he also claimed the CIA does not do any training in Arizona. Another poster claimed there are mini-guns in place at the Hoover Dam on the Arizona/ Nevada border. The poster's gripe was that the mini-guns were manned by a crew of Coast Guardsman. Claiming the Coasties are not under the Dept of Defense but I believe he said Dept of Interior or what ever agency runs the dam. Another poster claimed feds use mini-guns to guard nuke facilities.

Your guess is as good as mine about the veracity of what I read. I just can't even guess any possible use or need by any other agency. The fed range I heard the mini-guns was back in the 80's a pretty simple handgun range with two long range rifle ranges. I imagine it has been improved to handle mini-guns. Friend of mine in the 80's was a Justice Dept Employee involved in the Witness Protection Program used it to shoot his own guns. There is a large fed training facility closer to Tucson used mostly by Border Patrol but according to my friend any fed from Park Rangers to EPA enforcement train there. My friend told me even the IRS has armed agents trained there. The elite fed training is at Quantico Virginia.

Our local Sheriff you may have seen on national news known for his tent city jail and female chain gangs. Took advantage of the free fed equipment. Got a tank and also has some kind of armored vehicle with a 50 cal machinegun. The tank unknown if the gun is even operable and SO employees wont say. The tank is used primarily for parades and publicity. Only put into actual non-firing service once during a prison riot and take over. The tank was used to intimidate armed prisoners in guard tower. Local media tried to get the Sheriff to justify his need for the 50 cal but never got a straight answer.

I guess a tank sort of makes a ststement, huh?

I remember the kid now, Elian Gonzalez.

I really felt bad for the kid. He was terribly spoiled while in the USA. After word got out he was going back. Do-gooders and celebrities entertained him with all kinds of toys and trips to places like Disneyland. I just can't imagine how severely depressed the poor kid was going back to Cuba. If I remember right. Elian's father's income was less than $100 per month.