Military Firearm Restoration Corner

My "sporterized" 91/30

PRegner

Hello everyone. I'm new to this board and I thought I'd introduce myself with a thread showing-off my sporterized Mosin project.

I started with a 1938 Tula 91/30 (non-counterbored, non-numbers matching), and added a Timney trigger, Rock Solid Industries bolt and scope mount, Warne Maxima rings and a Russian scope that was a trophy brought back from Mogadishu back in 1988. The scope has an illuminated reticle and is a fixed 7x. With hand-loads (.311 Speer Hot-Cor 180gr round-nosed soft-points over 47gr of H380, CCI #200 primers and PRVI brass) the rifle produces MOA groups (see 300 yard target in photo below). This has become one of my favorite rifles!

post-6506-132225179395_thumb.jpg

post-6506-132225182031_thumb.jpg

post-6506-132225194287_thumb.jpg

Hi Paul, nice shooting and welcome.

Is the only place you can get the rock solid mount directly from them or is there other places that sell them?

I've been to their website and they want like 100 bucks plus shipping.

I know they are about the best thing going right now for the MN. Might just have to bite the bullet.

Hi Paul, nice shooting and welcome.

Is the only place you can get the rock solid mount directly from them or is there other places that sell them?

I've been to their website and they want like 100 bucks plus shipping.

I know they are about the best thing going right now for the MN. Might just have to bite the bullet.

I don't think Rock Solid mounts can be purchased anywhere but from them directly (but I could be wrong). Their product is well worth the expense. I mounted their scope base myself, but had them do the bolt handle, and their work was really, really nice (short turn around too). I don't think you'll be disappointed in them at all.