Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Guns Or The Human Heart?

FC

Nobody really tries to have an objective look at whether guns are good or evil. In the movie, "Shane", Alan Lad says, "A gun is a tool. It's only as good or evil as the man behind it."

Today we found out that a nurse manager here was so by her husband last night, who then killed himself. A lady I work with said this wouldn't happen if guns weren't in homes. I said he could have slit her throat. She wasn't buying that. I said I could make a gun in an hour. She said most people couldn't do that. Later I read that a woman shot a home invader 4 times in the butt in Spartanburg. Then there's my story of being shot as a teenager. Also, I read a pioneer autobiography where a woman's kids were playing coyote and shot to death their little sister. Bottom line- guns will kill in a big hurry, in the wrong hands.

Here's what we know- the left wants the symbolism of banning all guns. They know the bad guys will keep theirs, but in their grasping for straws, they'd ban guns anyway. They don't like guns, and don't believe individuals should have any kind of firepower. There's so many guns though that they'd be spitting in the wind. Add to that the manufacture of things that go boom isn't that terribly hard, well, there's no solution but one- change the human heart. People are turning against God, moralism, and value of human life. So you've got more peopLe without a conscience, more firepower available than ever before, and no other solution.

If you could get rid of every "gun" on earth now.

People would kill with blades.

Get rid of every blade and people would kill with clubs

Get rid of clubs and people would kill with rocks.

Dont waste your breath FC. The woman is a pc idiot.

karl

Tony I've found medical people that work in ER's are usually anit-gun. I once got a short lecture from a Dr and his nurse after they saw my NRA belt buckle. Heard the typical baloney about how many more times I was likely to be harmed rather than protected by a handgun. Nurse went into rather graphic talk about the gun shot wounds she had dealt with. A former co-worker's knee melting, green eyed, absolutely drop dead beautiful trophy sister is a MD. Before moving back to Phx she worked in a Chicago ER. Claimed she dealt with gun shots nearly daily. She was very active with anti-gun politics. I didn't hear it personally but others at the party I met her said she called the NRA the murder lobby.

Not all however. My daughter in law an ER RN had a big change in attitude recently. Apparently some junkie patient was demanding pain meds pulled a gun on ER staff. I was told there have been other similar incidents.Hospital corporate mgmt still says no to guns but it has been strongly hinted they will look the other way. My DIL now keeps a S&W 38 I gave her in her locker. Other ER employees have followed but do not openly talk about it.

If you could get rid of every "gun" on earth now.

People would kill with blades.

Get rid of every blade and people would kill with clubs

Get rid of clubs and people would kill with rocks.

Dont waste your breath FC. The woman is a pc idiot.

karl

Several years ago saw a prison zip gun displayed with other hand made weapons found with prisoners. A 22RF with a copper tube barrel and a firing pin or better said a striker powered by a rubber band. Take away guns and any mechanically inclined person will make them..

Shot his ass, did she?

In medical school, 2nd year lecture, if I recall, we got a lecture from the epidemiology people. The guy started with that "you are 77 times more likely" stuff. I yelled out "BULL !" Class of 200. They all remembered that.