Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Iran

karlunity

Iran.
Let me be clear. I have no love for Iran. I recall the hostages nor am I a supporter of liberal progressive policy. I did NOT vote for Mr. Obama. But just what do people expect him to do about Iran? The ONLY way to insure that nothing is hidden is to invade and conquer the place or nuke it into glass. No one supports that. As to bombing alone. that never has worked since 1922.. More, has Congress declared war? If so, no one told me. How much support is there for raising an army of 600.000, the size of the one HW Bush used again Saddam, and doing a "boots on the ground" invasion? IF Pakistan AND North Korea can build an Atomic bomb, how hard for a nation state can it be? i have known some very smart people from Iran. As to continued sanctions, progressive polices have made Russia a foe again and an ally of Iran. China is trading with Iran and the EU is in such bad shape that it will soon be forced to trade with anybody. That being so..What else can Mr. Obama do except try and make a deal or raise an army go to Congress ask for a declaration of war?

Well, the way I look at it, the atomic genie is out of the bottle. You can't put it back in. Well, the genie may go back into the bottle eventually, but there's gonna be a whole lot of hurt between that time and now, basically the destruction of our modern society and a return to the stone age. That would put the genie back in the bottle. Yeah, Pakistan made their own nukes. The NorK's might have. Remember that the US made the first one with 1940's technology. A slide rule and chalk. Then the guts to how to do it was in the world's public libraries for decades. Probably still out on the internet somewhere. And the product of that leveled a city. Now, are we going to somehow un-do that? Un-learn the world's physicists, many of whom studied at our schools? Today, the way I see it, any country that wants an atomic bomb can build one. Even Japan is said to be able to assemble one from pre-made stuff any time they want. Getting all upset over if Iran has one or not is not that big of a deal to me. I think they probably already have one. They may not have a good delivery system, but they probably have a bomb. What are we going to do? Nuke them to stop them from saying unfriendly things? Oooh, you said you don't like us, so we're going to nuke you to make it even. We can't go around nuking everyone that pisses us off. There won't be anyone left. And of course they want nukes. Without nukes, your country is nothing today. Why do we put up with the NorK's? They say mean things to us. Why did we take out Gaddafi? He said mean things to us but he had no nukes.

I personally don't see why we are even "negotiating" with them at all. It's not like they will hold up their end of any "bargain." Their religion dictates that they lie to us. Sanction away, just because they say mean things to us, but remember that the Senate is the body that votes on treaties.