Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Gun Show Report

karlunity

Gun show report.

Prices on ammo are still high but coming down

The exception is of all things Turk 8mm...they still want 70 bucks for a bando.

.22 ammo of all sorts is to be found from about $4.50 to $6.00 a box

Aks running about $600

AR also about $600 to $700

I did see some reloading supplies.

Plated 45 200 gr rn 15 per 100

FMJ 45 200 gr about $25 per 100.

karl

I found the same to be true at one of the bigger local shows last week end.

I got a deal on a Glock 26. It's the compact 9mm. Came with 3 mags and night sights. I paid $425. for it. The seller was some dumb a** that bought it new about 18 months ago. Didn't fire it much because he couldn't get ammo. He wanted to use the money to buy a "hunting rifle" because "he was going to give that a try".

Heaven help us this fall. Ralph

At the last gunshow here in my town, 2 weeks ago, on the Left Coast there were plenty of primers(Win), ammo, and some rifle powder(mostly IMR4064). Virtually no pistol powder, at least when I got there on Sunday. Right now, pistol powders are what I need.

Graff and son has some pistol powers.

Haz mat fee...but if you buy a few cans it evens out.

karl

Apparently they didn't have pistol powder for very long. I'm signed up numerous places to get an email when my favorite powders, pistol especially are available. In the past 6 months or so I've only connected on one and they only had three single pound cans left. Everything else has been sold out by the time I try to order. The latest notice I got from Midway, HERCO 8lb kegs were gone with in a few minutes of getting the email.

I've been experimenting with other than my ol'standbys and the results were dismal at best. My 38's were to hot and 9MM's barely have enough oomph to cycle the slide. A batch of 44 specials were way to hot. The downside to handloading home cast lead are they are nearly impossible to pull without damaging the slug. Gas checked slugs, no way. Slug comes loose, gas check stays in place. I've pretty well given up on Accurate brand powders. Results have been inconsistent and data varies considerably from different sources. I'd practically give my right nut for Bullseye, HERCO, HS-6 and HP-38.

I'm in good shape on rifle powders. I got on the net about 10 minutes after Fox News gave it to Obama and hoarded everything I thought I would need. I got stuck with a bunch of garbage primers as my favorite Winchester were no where to be found. S&B and Tula primers are unreliable and the size varies. Tula primers in a striker fired pistol result in about 10% or more needing a 2nd strike. The pistol powders from my panic powder were mostly back ordered and the back orders were all eventually canceled.