Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Guess I Should Laugh?

FC

After work I decided to get some vittles at a different place, so I went to Taco Bell. Hardly go there. I was in uniform, hearing aid in place, and a young black woman took my order. She leaned forward and quietly asked if I'd like a discount. I said, "Sure" (I mean, who wouldn't?). Figuring I'd tell my colleague about the military discount, I helped her figure out that my change was 52 cents (cash register didn't tell her). I got my meal and sat down, then looked at the receipt: 10% discount, not too bad. I looked left of the discount, which read, "Senior discount"....

Since when do they give a senior discount for someone who looks over 35?

They'll give you the discount if they like you. It is just marked "Senior Discount" in the computer, so that's how they ring it up. I like Taco Hell. It's my favorite fast food restaurant. Check out the dollar menu. Triple Layer Nachos - good stuff.

In my neck of the woods when visiting Taco Bell. One must speak Spanish or be prepared to repeat your order several times from the drive-thru. The Taco Bell located near my home recently added a screen. When I order my favorite Encharido it is a guessing game what appears on the screen. Usually takes 2 or 3 attempts before they get it right. Didn't know about the fogie discount but I'll try it my next visit. My guess from the drive-thru they will probably add a few tacos or something to the screen when I ask for it.

AARP starts sending you junk when you're 50. Do them a favor and put their crap back in their business reply envelope and mail it back to them. They obviously want it back or they would not have inclosed the envelope, right? Cut your name off the letters and tell them how you feel about their anti-gun political positions.

I always return post paid envelopes. I used to call it job security while I was working. Now I guess I'm contributing to my pension. I often return the card with my name and address, checking the "bill me" box if the option is available. It usually generates several more mailings I just ignore.

Be careful about putting gag items in the return envelope. There was an arrest in Tucson after a prankster filled a post paid envelope with kitty litter. He was arrested for mailing a bio hazard. I never did hear the final outcome and don't know if he was prosecuted.

While I was working and still single. A woman for the lack of a better way of putting it. Provided me with an occasional comfort stop. Starting crying out loud when I handed her the first mailing she got from AARP.

The temporary cards although not valid that come with AARP junk mail work at getting discounts. I used it a few years ago and got a free upgrade and a $10.00 per day discount at Avis. I used it at one of the national motels and the clerk never looked at the card. As soon as I said AARP he knocked about $12 off of a $60 room.

I won't deal with AARP, I'm a member of AMAC for their American values that I share.

https://amac.us/

Spiris

I'm with you on that. It wasn't for me but for my elderly aunt I was looking out for. She joined AARP to get a discount. She got one of one of those devices to call for help if she she fell. When her AARP re-newed I sent them a blistering letter about their stand on guns and Obama Care. Pretty sure it was AMAC or a similar type org I heard advertised on Glen Beck's radio program I hooked her up with. Her monthly service fee for the device to call for help never increased after her AARP membership lapsed.

The device was good and did work but it was a ploy. A salesman came and installed it while trying to sell her all kinds of garbage. Everything from walk-in bathtubs to burial insurance.