Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Found A Yugo M48 Bolt.

rdm1962

I was cleaning and organizing my "shop / work bench" today. I started by putting all upcoming build into their own separate box's. I have the makings for a 243 Win, 30-06 and 7x57 Mauser. When I was finished there was a Yugo M48 bolt extra. I bought a sportered bolt from a member of another forum a few years ago. I thought I sold this bolt on eBay afterwards. Now do I try to find a Yugo receiver / bottom metal for another build or just sell off the extra bolt? Ralph

I'd hang on to it myself. Since parts are not plentiful like they once were I have a lot of fun just trying to find affordable parts to build on . Last show I went to one fella had scrubbed VZ-24s and Brazilian 98s for $200.00 that looked pretty decent the Brazilians looked very nice as a matter of fact,would liked to have seen one out of the stock. It was a Sunday afternoon and vendors were packing to leave the small community center building it was being held in and I made the mistake of having to see what else they had down stairs and when I came back looking for him he'd already pealed out......

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Ralph, GunBroker has a Yugo 24/47 barreled receiver that needs a bolt. It appears to have been drilled and tapped, with mounts and rings installed. It's barreled with a .243 Win barrel.

Does that sound like something you can use?

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/620278320

Thanks for the heads up Sailormilan2. I already have a 243 with a Douglas med. weight sporter in the works. I still don't know what I want to do with the bolt. I have been looking at some options on Gun Broker. There are a few complete rifles minus the bolt. I may still just sell off the bolt, haven't really decided what to do. Ralph