Military Firearm Restoration Corner

After Market Mauser Triggers

blslryr

I want to hear some opinions of the various after market triggers for the 98 Mauser, especially those without the safety.

I have looked at the Bold and Timney and they seem comparable. How do they stand up quality wise and usage wise?

Oh... I have read several threads under the Triggers and Safety section, but they were older threads.

All my experience has been with military and various factory triggers.

Hey dude, I have a bold optima with safety on a m24 yugoLR. I have a 243 bull barrel on it . I like the crispness of the trigger , they are adjustable for the pull that you want. I have mine set to 3.5lbs,. works great DAVE

I've got a couple of Bolds and I couldn't be happier with them.

I haven't shot either rifle a lot, so I can't comment about durability, except to say that I've never heard of one wearing out.

I have a Blackburn that is very nice. I have not had a chance to really put it to the test yet. However, I can say it the best trigger I have in the safe behind a Rem 700 style trigger that was custom worked by Jim Pig. The comparison may not be fair however since I have the Rem trigger set at 2.78lbs and I suspect the Blackburn is set higher. (When I get a chance I will check and try to get a better comparison.)

JRH