Military Firearm Restoration Corner

American Sniper Interviews

FC

Having been a grunt, I hold the view that it is the grunts that win wars.

But there can be no question that Chris Kyle was a very brave man fighting for the USA and doing so under far worse ROE's then even Nam.

The man has earned the respect and thanks of his country.

As to the commie/ girly-men or menly-girls that run him down ..they are not worth one spent brass case.

Let them walk into a SEAL bar and make their remarks...

karl

I read his book. It was pretty interesting. I recommend it. I particularly thought the part was interesting where he capped a sandy that was getting ready to ambush an army unit. Then a crowd gathers, takes the sandy's rifle, the sandy's wife shows up and screams/cries that he was doing nothing, just standing there and got killed by that sniper. The army starts an investigation and almost court marshals him. Then they wanted him to go give them cover fire again on their next mission. He told them to get stuffed, I think, in so many words. Dunno if that made the movie.

Seems to me that they are trying to fight this war like it was a police vs criminal situation back in the USA.

Worse as the police as a rule are given more legal protections than the troops.

No wonder the foe thinks that we are weak. Even the marine blog censors ..moderates..as they call it, replies..

karl