Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Heart Rate Or What Ya Don't Know Will Kill Ya... : )

karlunity

I have always had a good heart rate. 55 per minute for 15 or 20 years when I was doing LSD ..that is long slow distance running in the hills and desert.

I do almost no running here as I got fat and it hurt the back and knee...so i took of long walks.

Heart rate went up to 70 or 80.

Ok So i go on this wheat free diet and went from 209 to 187 ..goal is 175.

I noticed that my heart rate went to the 90's and 115 that is at rest!!!!!!

So I give up salt a bit better..

I found the reason:

Since i gave up donuts...I went to better..as in stronger coffee.

Grind Colombian ( organic or the Hippy would yell) coffee and put it in the press.

Well since I am not eating bread or cake I found myself drinking more . coffee...three pots a day and making it stronger and stronger,,,Organic right how can it hurt?

Seems the the lighter the roast the more caffeine and Colombian is a light roast.

Caffeine makes your heart race. Without any cake or donuts I was drinking the stuff straight!!!.

So I got some French Roast less caffeine and two not 3 scoops per press and only One pot a day.

Result? the Heart beat is coming down...back in the 90's but getting better.

Who would have figured that coffee could hurt ya?

karl

Yep..

Know that NOW.

If I am not careful, the Hippy is gonna have me on organic tea ..

I cut down to three very weak cups of French Roast a day and the heart beat is coming down.

The Hippy is pushing distilled water.

At this rate i am going to end up sitting on a mountain top dressed in a orange drape with a flower and a Mauser.

karl

Guess coffee, especially an excessive amount has an ill effect on the prostate gland. At first I thought the Mormon Dr was simply being a good Mormon. Speaking of coffee and caffeine, turned out he was correct. I was also a smoker at the time and that also contributed to the problem.

I could see a coffee connection, Tony. Think about it: Caffine -> sympathetic nervous system -> harder to pee. Never really thought about it before, and I've never seen it listed as a potential cause, but it makes sense to me. Here: http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/brain_spinal_cord_and_nerve_disorders/autonomic_nervous_system_disorders/overview_of_the_autonomic_nervous_system.html

Sympathetic inhibits voiding. Coffee amps up the sympathetic. I think it was a good diagnosis, and it obviously helped Az.