Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Another One...

724wd

my aunt asked for a knife to give to her son in law for his birthday. this is my bull shark design. it looks ok, but has issues... every knife if a learning experience, i guess...

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

Remember knives with sharp points are also very evil. Don't forget to add it to the bon-fire. Now if you don't want to add it to the bon-fire. The only way to make it non-evil is to stick the point in your grinding wheel and round it off. You can also scrape the edge on the sidewalk and get it dull enough to to remove all the evil. Us non-violent libs are depending on you to do your part to preserve humanity from harming ourselves. Don't forget to drill a hole through the sheath and knife so a kiddie proof lock can be installed.

Kidding and BS aside, good job!! The knife is very attractive and attests to your skill and patience.

Looks awsome! I realy like the "2 tone" grip. Someday I will have to break down and buy a good knife and retire the old Western hunter I have.

AzRednek; Don't scrape your knives on the side walk and dull them, Us TEAbaggers will report you for distruction of Government property that we are allowed to use.

Ralph

zebra and lignum vitae. the other side has more figure, but that side of the knife has a couple of issues, so i didn't photograph it! the board i cut this knife from was a lot more green before i finished it. wish it still had that coloration, it's really striking!

I had a bunch of zebra pen blanks, but gave them away. I didn't think they would look good. Yours must have been better quality. The wood was sure soft. I read Lignum vitae is a type of ironwood. Is that right?

yeah, not crazy about the zebra. it was very open grained, though pretty. i really poured the oil to it and hopefully the grain doesnt raise much if it gets wet. Lignum is some variant of ironwood, or other very dense, hard wood. it finished very nicely!