Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Remington Model 12-A

mrontime

So I have an old cut up remington 12-a. I have always had this affliction for collecting old bubbad guns and wanting to restore them to their former usefulness. The guy tried to turn it into some kind of pistol/pump sawed off contraption. he cut the barrel and feed tube, the inside loading tube is long lost. the stock and trigger guard have been cut off and it just leaves a button on the bottom and 2 little mounds where the trigger was. the reciever and firing pin and action are all in good working order, i shot it a few times before dismantling it. It appears to be really old, but i havent researched the numbers or anything. I really just need to borrow a scope mount jig and drill and tap for drilling my scope mounts. i dont want to spend 80 bucks to drill 3 or 4 holes, and i dont plan on mass producing sporterized mausers so ill probably only need it once. I would gladly trade the action, firing pin and trigger parts and hammer for use of this. Im keeping the reciever to practice graving. and may sell it once its graved. I would be happy to know some of these parts went to making a working gun instead of just laying around my ecetra pile..