Military Firearm Restoration Corner

FM Sniper/ATI stock

spec4 e4

FM Sniper,

I am having trouble fitting my Yugo M48 w/ PH barrel into my ATI stock. I am also using an bold trigger w/o safety. The barrel wants to go right when I put the barrel action into the stock. The trigger was hitting the back wall and I remove the some material and still I am having problems, Also when I tighten the screw, the trigger will not work.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Spec.4

I have zero experience w/ ATI stocks. But I would put a transfer medium, Like "white-out" on suspected contact areas of the action, and look for it on the stock after assembly and disassenbly. this should tell ya where hardware is making contact w/ the stock... Good luck. MV

I've had the same problem with the Bolt trigger not working when the action screws were tightened,and I finally removed a little more material under the trigger,and it worked like a charm.The last torque on the screws would bind the trigger up.Jerry

The ATI stock is meant for a standard length M98, the Yugo M48 is an intermediate length action.

There is a difference in the stock screw spacing.

Your best bet is to get a Boyds stock for M48, or a bell and carson m96 stock and modify it for the m48 (others have done this with some success).

Jimro

Guest Guest_kenak2_*

The ati stock is adjustable, it can be used fro either standard or intermediate length actions.

I put one on a 48 yugo for a friend a couple years ago.

I do remember having bedding problems and had to do some grinding with a dremel.

I checked ATI's sight and they list the M48 as a fit in that stock, so I guess you have to do some more inletting or check the fit between the bottom metal and the trigger to figure out why things aren't working.

My suggestion, now, is to pillar bed the rear action screw. I've had the bottom metal crush the trigger so that it wouldn't function properly until I pillar bedded the action, darn near ruined the trigger. The other quick fix I've done is grind away the offending portion of the bottom metal since the all the bedding had been done, and the Timney was an upgrade for an old Husqvarna rifle.

Jimro

My suggestion, now, is to pillar bed the rear action screw. I've had the bottom metal crush the trigger so that it wouldn't function properly until I pillar bedded the action, darn near ruined the trigger.

Jimro

I did that once, now I always either fully pillar bed or a least epoxy in an old stock bushing when glass bedding.

-Don