Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Ati Stock Mods

fmsniper

there was a question on ATI stock mods, I was un able to answer but here is what I got

remove and fill with bedding

[attachmentid=157]

sand then paint

[attachmentid=158]

glass bed

[attachmentid=159]

cut out for bold trigger

[attachmentid=160]

post-145-1155200727_thumb.jpg

post-145-1155200761_thumb.jpg

post-145-1155200790_thumb.jpg

post-145-1155200816_thumb.jpg

Thanks FM, I was woundering how you did yours. I had fun with mine. I use the old receiver spacer as pillards on the stock and bedd the rifle to the stock. Then I fill in the webbing with cottonballs and used 5 plastic weld and dye to match the stock look good. Then I used the truck bed liner stuff on the outside the stock. I am having some other work done by Low Tech. But when I get it back I was post pic.

As for your e-mail to me. You said that you grind out the bow for the trigger, right?

spec.4

Thanks FM, I was woundering how you did yours. I had fun with mine. I use the old receiver spacer as pillards on the stock and bedd the rifle to the stock. Then I fill in the webbing with cottonballs and used 5 plastic weld and dye to match the stock look good. Then I used the truck bed liner stuff on the outside the stock. I am having some other work done by Low Tech. But when I get it back I was post pic.

As for your e-mail to me. You said that you grind out the bow for the trigger, right?

spec.4

Yes I notch it and grind out the area for the safety (if using side safety) and if the tigger hits the trigger guard I grind it down to fit

FM, thanks for the fast reply, I don't think that I will go that route. I will try to found an aftermarket trigger for this rifle that fit like the military one. I think that I saw then at Midway or Brownells. Have you used them?

Thanks again.

Spec.4

FM, thanks for the fast reply, I don't think that I will go that route. I will try to found an aftermarket trigger for this rifle that fit like the military one. I think that I saw then at Midway or Brownells. Have you used them?

Thanks again.

Spec.4

thats good too just make sure its adjusatble a re hard trigger can make for loose groups

but know I have not used them, you mean ones like hubber products????

Never used a Huber on a Mauser, because there are more plentiful and cheaper ones for them.

But I did order one for a Jap rifle, because the customer wanted a different trigger. Well, I put it on and it wasn't a damned bit better than the Jap trigger, so I sent it back and put the Jap trigger back in for the guy.

At this time (as well as for two years now) I am waiting for the Timney model to come out. Timney says they make them, but has anybody seen one of these for sale? I mean wholesale, where they would appear first.

fritz