Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Dumb Question Time!

Racepres

What do you guys use if/when you put in a whiteline spacer?? I know it seems dumb, but I cant identify the stuff. Some kind of thin plastic sheeting?? Thanks, and be gentle ... MV

I've seen people use white from the clorox bottle. But, often it is wood. Richards uses a thin slice of maple. Me, I try to avoid them. I used the maple before and it works well.

What do you guys use if/when you put in a whiteline spacer?? I know it seems dumb, but I cant identify the stuff. Some kind of thin plastic sheeting?? Thanks, and be gentle ... MV

If you have some white plastic material (like used in signs) it works. For my part, I would just buy some spacer material from Brownell's. There is a bit of variation in that sign stock. But it is fun to scrounge to find just the right stuff.

I had some a few years ago, but can't remember what it was. That's not the only thing I can't remember, old age and all that.

fritz

WOW! Lightning fast delivery! Thanks guys. Z, I would not normally use the whiteline spacer myself but this particular project begs it!! Fritz and Roscoe, Bottles and signs??? I do appoligize for my poor scrounging skills!! Gonna try 'em of course. The ony material I saw in My copy of Brownells, were shaped, but, who knows how old my catalog is... I will update that also.. Thanks again. MV

Yes, the ones in Brownell's are probably shaped. But if you can wait until the election is over, I will wager that you can pick up a few signs (from the rich candidates) that are made of plastic.

Poor candidates still use paper.

fritz

Try Brownells number 692-920-001.

That's the Pachmayr white spacer.

I don't use 'em either, but if there were an Orange and White Spacer, that would be another thing......

Clemson

Ha ! My scrounging skills are improving! Am using a plastic license plate, we use 'em for # plates. Seem to work well , just a tad difficult to shape but I'm gonna get 'er. Thanks to all for the responses. MV