Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Gatewood, Gunstock Maker

FC

Here's a post on a stockmaker I found:

Rough turned: Eddie Shulin, Trinidad, CO is very good. Pride's himself on four days til they're in the UPS trk. Just roughed out though.

Last I had him do cost $40, plus $10 UPS. Doubt he's gone up much, but, might be worth checking first.

Ed Shulin

719/846-2301

16511 Cnty Rd 75 1/10th

Trinidad, CO 81082

Top credentials: retired stock instructor in the gunsmithing school. Echol's is one of his better known students, along with a great many others around the country that send him their custom work to get rough turned. You hire some well known maker in the US and it's very likely they'll send your blank to him to get it started because he's quick and cheaper on the labor than they can do it.

He don't believe in 'puters at all. Phone during the day, or before 8pm CO time and you should catch him.

Ed Shulin now lives a couple hours from me, or rathar I now live a few hours from him. He's turned a few blanks for me and cost and turn around have been cheap and fast. It is however a rough turn on the exterior. He and his wife are two of the nicest folks you would want to deal with. He is easy to work with and flexible.