Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Reharden - Where And How Much?

bayouray

I am working on a couple projects using a VZ24 action and a Turk M38. The Turk has a mismatched bolt and I plan to lap the lugs, the bolt face, and the primary torque surface. I would like to have it rehardened prior to assembly. Kuhnhausen recommends to always reharden in his shop manual and lists Bergeron in Utah as a reference. I emailed them and they sent me the following prices:

The pricing is as follows:

$75.00 for the 1st complete action (1bolt & 1 receiver).

$20.00 for each additional PIECE.

Include $10.00 for return shipping and handling. More if you are sending a large quantity (excessive weight). We ship via UPS.

Does anyone here use someone different and are the prices about the same?

Thanks,

Ray

Blanchards or Industrial Heat Treating of SLC, UT. Either can and do heat treat mausers.

The prices are about right. The more you do the lower the per unit cost. Some places I've used in the past charged a flat fee but they don't do guns anymore so its a moot point.

Blanchards or Industrial Heat Treating of SLC, UT. Either can and do heat treat mausers.

The prices are about right. The more you do the lower the per unit cost. Some places I've used in the past charged a flat fee but they don't do guns anymore so its a moot point.

Thanks Z1R, lol.....I guess I used the wrong Cajun name as your are correct it is Blanchards and not Bergeron. They are both very common names here in Louisiana.

Ray