Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Nagant Timney Triggers

AzRednek

I just came across this thread. I would be in on a deal on M.N. trigger also, the one on my M38 sucks. I have my C&R on file with Brownells and Midway. Being a MO. resident, sales tax will nagated any deal at Midway. I will check with Brownells on a deal though. They don't list a Timney for Nagants only a Huber Concepts for $64.17 dealer price. http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=43851/sku/Moslin_Nagant_Match_Grade__Black_Teflon I am new at this and have never herd of this trigger system. Are they worth installing? I would also love to upgread the triggers in my M48 & NO.4 MK.1. I am all about a deal and have expensive plans on a small budget. I will let you know what I find out.

Ralph

"A bad day hunting or fishing is always better than a good day at work!"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way to deal with funds is everybody use USPS money orders made out to Timney. Timney would likely be hesitant if we paid with a hodge-podge of checks and money orders. The only other alternative is to trust somebody to gather the funds and write one check. ...

Once I get the total number of triggers and what model everyone wants I'll speak with Timney and find out not only the discount but also how they want to handle the funds. I agree with you, we don't want to send multiple types of payments since that could cause problems and it wouldn't hurt to ask to see if they would be willing to accept USPS money orders from each of us since that would be a lot cleaner. However, I'm guessing they will want it in a lump sum and on a side note if we offer a lump sum then that will give me another bargaining chip in negotiating the discount. Up to the group.

If they do want a lump sum, or if we decide to offer it, I would be happy to handle it then forward the MO to you (AzRednek) made out to Timney for when you go pick them up or I can send it directly to Timney... whatever Timney and you prefer.

If anyone is uncomfortable with me handling the money for any reason that's perfectly fine, I understand. I just want to offer my help in any way I can because you guys have helped me and I've learned a lot from each of you. If someone else wants to handle the money that has been here longer that the group feels they can trust, I'm perfectly fine with that.

Here are the triggers totals I have collected from this thread. Please look for your name in this list and you can either PM me or post if I need to make any corrections:

AzRednek: 1 Mosin Nagant

dirtyjim: 2 Mosin Nagant

Rojelio: 1 Mosin Nagant

Brenden: 1 Mosin Nagant

tinkerfive: 1 Mosin Nagant

Ron: 1 Mosin Nagant

diggerdanh: 1 Mosin Nagant

rivitir: 1 Mosin Nagant, 1 Mauser Featherweight Delux

2 Mosin Nagant - (rivitir friends)

waterdogz: 1 Mosin Nagant

weaver77: 1 Mosin Nagant, 2 Mauser Featherweight Delux

rdm1962: 1 Mosin Nagant, 1 (need to know what model!), 1 (need to know what model!), 1 (need to know what model!)

AzRednek, how do you want to handle the shipping to each of us after you pick up the triggers? Obviously that cost will need to be taken into consideration and funds will need to be sent to you. Just a suggestion, you can get all of our addresses and find out what the cost will be to ship from your post office to each of us. Maybe flat rate boxes may be easier... your call. I just wanted to offer a couple ideas since you have the biggest job out of this deal.

Side thought: if anyone can receive triggers for themselves as well as another members, that would probably save on shipping costs and save AzRednek some foot work. B)

i'm still in for two mosin triggers.

i have no problems with rivitir handling my money, try not to spend it on booze & hookers

i also think using flat rate boxes to ship out the triggers would be easiest. just include another M.O. for $5 to cover the shipping.

i'm still in for two mosin triggers.

i have no problems with rivitir handling my money, try not to spend it on booze & hookers

i also think using flat rate boxes to ship out the triggers would be easiest. just include another M.O. for $5 to cover the shipping.

Flat rate boxes are good but they can probably go regular 1ST Class Mail in a padded envelope. I don't believe each trigger is going to weigh more than a few ounces.

... i have no problems with rivitir handling my money, try not to spend it on booze & hookers ...

Hookers... booze... I wouldn't waste it on that! Their are to many rifles I have yet to own! :lol:

I would need 1 for a M38 Mosin Nagant and 1 for a Enfield #4 MK 1. I picked up a used one for my M48 at a gun show on Sunday.

Ralph

"A bad day hunting or fishing is always better than a good day at work!"

OK, here is the updates I've received thus far:

rdm1962: 1 Mosin Nagant, 1 Enfield

8uck5nort: 1 Mosin Nagant, 1 Mauser Featherweight

I'm going to wait another week just in case anyone else is interested or something changes. I'm really hoping to get a total over 20 triggers since I have a feeling they will give us a better discount. Then I'll see about getting this moving.

Looks like 21 so far I keep checking in and it looks like your making progress.

James

I agree. I think we are about ready to go ahead. I'm going to speak with the GM next week and see what deal I can get for us. I'm going to try and get us 30% - 40% off retail if I can.

If anyone else is still interested in getting a Timney trigger we still have a couple days before I contact them so post now!

rdm1962: 1 Mosin Nagant, 1 Enfield

8uck5nort: 1 Mosin Nagant, 1 Mauser Featherweight

gun nutty: 1 Mosin Nagant

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I received all the changes from everyone so I sent off the email to Timney tonight. I will probably hear back from them in the next day or so, the mfg manager is pretty quick.

I also gave him a link to the forum so you guys better be on your best behavior. :lol:

As soon as I hear back from him I will let you know what he said.

------------- Update -------------

I heard back from Timney. Unfortunately they are only willing to offer us a 20% discount, no more.

I asked for a quote for our order so once I receive it I will let each of you know what your totals are. We keep our 20% discount as long as we order a minimum of 10 triggers so if some of you for some reason can not purchase at this time its ok, we are not committed to the full 21 trigger order.

The good news is if we ever need more tiggers we know that we can do this again and get the 20% off.

Sorry I couldn't get them to do better.

This is the least I can do for all the help you guys have provided and educated me. I'm happy to do it for the group.

If anyone should be thanked though is AzRednek. I'm doing the easy part, he's the one doing all the leg work and going to save us all a bundle on shipping. Not to mention this was also his idea.

So... Thanks AZ for your part in this!

Now trigger costs. I had Timney quote out the cost of each trigger so I knew exactly what it would cost for each of us since we are ordering so many different types of triggers that very in cost. Here is the quote given to me for each trigger model I asked about AFTER the 20% discount was applied:

$75.96 Mosin Nagant

$99.96 Rem700 w/safety

$75.96 Mauser Featherweight Delux

$59.96 Mauser Featherweight

$39.96 Mauser Sportsman

$39.96 Enfield Sportsman

Timney said as long as we order a minimum of 10 at a time they will give us the 20% discount. So if some of you for whatever reason can't commit to what you originally said you could its ok as long as we order qty 10 or more.

If everyone stays at model and qty of triggers you have posted in this thread; below is your cost, just look for your name, cost of each trigger and total:

Order totals as of this moment:

•  
  • AzRednek: 1 Mosin Nagant @ $75.96 - Total = $75.96
  • dirtyjim: 2 Mosin Nagant @ $75.96 - Total = $151.92
  • Rojelio: 1 Mosin Nagant @ $75.96 - Total = $75.96
  • Brenden: 1 Mosin Nagant @ $75.96 - Total = $75.96
  • tinkerfive: 1 Mosin Nagant @ $75.96 - Total = $75.96
  • Ron: 1 Mosin Nagant @ $75.96 - Total = $75.96
  • diggerdanh: 1 Mosin Nagant @ $75.96 - Total = $75.96
  • rivitir: 1 Mauser Featherweight Delux @ $75.96 - Total = $75.96 (Changed my order)
  • 2 Mosin Nagant - (rivitir friends) @ $75.96 - Total = $151.92
  • waterdogz: 1 Mosin Nagant @ $75.96 - Total = $75.96
  • weaver77: 1 Mosin Nagant @ $75.96, 2 Mauser Featherweight Delux @ $75.96 - Total = $227.88
  • rdm1962: 1 Mauser Sportsman @ $39.96, 1 Enfield Sportsman @ $39.96 - Total = $79.92
  • 8uck5nort: 1 Mosin Nagant @ $75.96, 1 Mauser Featherweight @ $59.96 - Total = $135.92
  • gun nutty: 1 Mosin Nagant @ $75.96 - Total = $75.96

Remember: You will need to talk to AzRednek to find out about shipping costs and send the shipping monies to him. I'm only going to collect for the trigger purchase so please only send me those monies. I will PM each of you in the next couple of days and give you my address. If you want to change your order please post here so Az and I know about it. I will make sure the order goes though and all monies are collected, but Az will be checking to make sure Timney gives us the correct order.

If you want me to ask about the prices for any other triggers let me know and I can find out and post them here.

If you guys have any other questions let me know.

I just need to know where to send the money and my address.

I'm collecting the funds so once I PM you my address you can do that. The GM never sent me any official quote, he just typed the trigger costs in. So I want to contact Timney one more time and make sure their are no surprise costs such as Taxes and the like. I want to make sure we don't have any surprises. As soon as I confirm (should be Monday) I'll PM my address to everyone and you can send your monies.

PM your address to AzRednek. He'll let you know what your shipping cost is.

Glad I checked the forum today. email sent to rivitar . AZ my email is jweaver@felpsis.net for shipping cost my address is James Weaver 101 CR 405 Floresville TX 78114

James

Not sure what the problem is I am on the computer at work and it may be our security but, when I tried to send PM's the screen just went dark.

James

I sent an email or PM to everyone I had on the list.

One thing I forgot to add was please put your Sporterizing forum name on the Money Order so I can keep track of who sent what.

Once I get it all together I will get the order submitted.

I've had a few questions about the shipping so I wanted to clear this up.

I'm placing the trigger order and AzRedNeck will pick up the order then ship them out to everyone.

Please only send me the trigger order money, the total I PMed you. Please contact AzRedneck and send him the money for shipping.